DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th droid now are they the rubbish that i'm thinking they are?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxmarand View Post
    5th droid now are they the rubbish that i'm thinking they are
    No.

Now, refurbs can be rubbish depending on what actually was or wasn't done during the refurb process. It's really luck of the draw.

I'm still on my 1st Droid after nearly a year.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid
    OK here is my experience with droids
    1st phone brand new headphone jack issue
    2nd phone blown speaker out of the box
    3rd phone power button that fell into the phone and Verizon doesn't replace
    I don't think that there built poorly, but refurbished phones are complete garbage. They may look brand new but chances are you will find problems with it after a small period of time.
    edit: I take good care over all my phones to, never dropped one.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhamby4 View Post
    Droid permanent screen blackout
    I am about to return my third Droid for the same reason Quite frustrating and I COMPLETELY understand!
    You're stating that all three Droids had the same problem (Droid permanent screen blackout)? Seriously?

I'm thinking bad app here, or you are extremely unlucky.

FWIW, I've had mine for a year now and dropped it two weeks after purchase. Still have the cracked screen for all that time and the darn thing still works perfectly. My next phone will definitely be a Moto.
    OG Droid retired but serving as a wireless tablet now and then.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxmarand View Post
    I am really frustrated so please if I sound rude it is for that reason only.

I just took my 4th Droid in to Verizon because the touch screen quit working after a phone call or if I lock it. Have to shut the phone off and restart to get the screen working again and not take any calls or let it time out. Frustrating.
    Is there a fix for this?

After going through the hard reset motions with a sales person, she informed me that they will replace it with a refurbished phone. Which started the irritated ball rolling with me. I replied this will be my 4th refurb and 5th droid, why would I want another unrefurbished pos? To which she replied, that is all I can do for you. I said no it isn't all you can do for me, I want you to make it right. She offered to let me pay full retail for a new phone as a consolation. She informed me that it is motorola's problem not theirs and that they do them a "favor" by swapping them out, and that is the extent of their responsibility. I asked her to explain why Verizon doesn't stand behind the products that they sell, she had no answer.

At this point I demanded a manager and asked him what he would do to make things right for a long time and in my opinion patient (to this point) customer, he offered me $50 towards the purchase of a new phone (full retail) and basically scripted the same story as the saleswoman. To top it off they no longer carry the refurbs and they will have one shipped leaving me with out a working phone for 3-4 business days.

Now my questions: Are Motorola Droids complete and utter garbage?
    Are others having to swap or warranty them every 4 months or so like I am?
    Are people having similar experiences with Verizon not standing behind their products?
    Are the refurbs any more worthwhile than paperweights?

Like I said this will be my 5th one in less than 1 year, all went out for different reasons mostly unrelated. I am starting to have a very bad taste in my mouth with Verizon and Motorola products.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    OK the last thing that you want to is appear pissed to VZW. They see it all the time and will not hesitate to turn you away. I will say that the power that the store managers have in store is severely limited nowadays. Best bet is to call the national customer service and inform them of your situation. They usually do more for customers then people do in the store.

And thats cause I know this from working as a tech AT Verizon.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Droids View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhamby4 View Post
    Droid permanent screen blackout
    I am about to return my third Droid for the same reason Quite frustrating and I COMPLETELY understand!
    You're stating that all three Droids had the same problem (Droid permanent screen blackout)? Seriously?

I'm thinking bad app here, or you are extremely unlucky.

FWIW, I've had mine for a year now and dropped it two weeks after purchase. Still have the cracked screen for all that time and the darn thing still works perfectly. My next phone will definitely be a Moto.
    Please note what I emboldened/underlined/italicized - this HAS to be the problem! What special ap have you put on all of those phones?
    Tom
    Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr (can't remember what else), NOW: iPhone 5S Sorry Droid

http://tjmanson1.wordpress.com
    http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I bought the Motorola Droid through Wirefly.com about 3 months ago and loved it at first but within the last month its been a nightmare! I've dropped numerous calls..never wants to run in 3G when my friends droids run in 3G right next to me. Its deleted my contacts which include friends, family, coworkers, and even apps right off my phone. Worst of all its deleted ALL my ONCE IN A LIFETIME photos and videos off my phone and memory card! All still happening after I've even done the battery pull and a full factory reset! I had insurance through wirefly and am planning on placing an order to have it replaced next week. I'm hearing though wirefly has had a shortage on the Droid and is now replacing it with the Droid 2 or even the Incredible..anyone hearing this rumor or having these same problems with their Droid?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855
    Hi. Please ignore people like paq237, those who are completely unable to sympathize with others and think that everyone else but themselves are clumsy oafs.

I understand your dilemma. I'm on my 6th phone/ 5th replacement. The CLND are truly garbage and here's what happened to me. Broken headphone jack (I put up with it 8 months!), rotating (yes, rotating) slider, sliders and keyboards with multiple problems (sent 2 directly to the verizon store and those devices didn't make it out of the store and the reps all agreed to send them back and order another CLND). Last one I had definitely had a problem with frg22d. I was putting up with it and doing a bunch of things to bypass the issues (2 factory resets, loadining older versions of all my apps discovered online). Gave up with Verizon and called Motorola who offered a REPAIR.

I requested they pay for shipping, they obliged, sent the phone back and activated my old KRZR K1m for 10 days, they sent my phone back with a note saying they couldn't find my problem. I called them back and those jerks only offered to take a second look and wanted me to ship the phone back to them.

I called verizon again (in the end, I stopped going to the store and just did it over the phone - made more sense because driving back and forth to the store was driving me crazy (800) 922-0204 ) and once they found out I actually went through Motorola, they were very sympathetic. The rep spoke with his supervisor (numerous times because I didn't like the deals they offered) and 1st offered early upgrade, then pay $50 discount from the early upgrade, finally offered to pay 50% of the cost of new device.

I said I'd think about it but while I was doing it could you send me a new CLND. I got one with a loose but tolerable slider and 2.2 that wasn't corrupt. I'm going to stick with this new phone (it actually feels great so far) and avoid the upgrade - I hate the integrated bloatware on droid x and droid2. So I got the early upgrade offer and am turning it down. If you want to give it a shot, give motorola a call, arrange for the phone to be shipped to them. If they fail, I think verizon is more sympathetic because you're having a real issue rather than trying to get an undeserved free phone from them. Hope this helps.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    jeromybergman, sorry to hear you are having issues with your DROID. I understand the frustrations that come with losing the contacts and photos on your phone. If you purchased device protection with your phone as u stated Wirefly will be able to assist you with getting a replacement. The replacement phone will most likely be the same phone you purchased. Call us at 1-866-852-3216, 9am - 6pm EST for help with your issue

-Brian
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Overall my phone is very solidly built, but as many have reported, the headphone jack is complete crap, and started to mess up a few months after I got the phone. I stuck a piece of straw around the edge to secure it a few months ago, and now it's starting to have issues again.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Ultimate Droid 3.1.0
    I'm pretty PO'd at this point. Thursday night my first Droid 1 that i've had since Feb, had a pretty common power button issue. You all know the one, where it gets stuck down. Took it to Verizon and they happily replaced it with a refurb. Ten minutes out of the store I find that sliding the keyboard in and out blacks out the screen, took it back. The second refurb seemed to be working fine, but after a few hours of use I that it won't read the sd card anymore. So I'm going BACK to Verizon to get a replacement. This time I am NOT leaving the store without a new Droid 1 or a better phone!!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links