DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th droid now are they the rubbish that i'm thinking they are?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    I think some people are just plain unlucky....or very hard on their devices....cause **knocks on wood** Ive never really ever had an issue with any cell phone Ive owned. I did return my first Droid 1 cause the speaker would pop every now and then....but out of 3 Droids, HTC Incredible and now the X...thats the only issue. That I use for work, for personal I have an iphone 4 (dont wanna hear it) and actually owned an iphone for over 3 years, since released...and have never had an issue with any of them.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    WiCK3D_SiX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I 535
    I think you may have just drawn the short end if the stick here. I've had my Droid for a year, its been dropped many times, it even fell out of my pocket while running once and got kicked into a cement slab. Not so much as a scuff on the screen, though dented on every corner, paint chipping off the back and screen rim, still zero issues other than flashing kernels it didn't like. I had gone through 4 lg dares though, due to a communication issue, once they realized they gave me a fourth they actually called me and asked me if I wanted to come in and replace it at no charge for another device. When I got into the store they even gave me $75 credit for all my troubles and said I could choose any device for free up to that $75 over the value of my phone. When I choose the alias 2 they credited the difference between it and my dare plus the credit, to my bill! just goes to show, not all stores are the same. I wish you the best of luck! I'm horribly hard on my phones and I will back the Droid as the most reliable phone I've ever owned.

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz
    :motodroidvert: Samsung Galaxy S3
    Rooted
    Unlocked
    Synergy ROM
    1.9 Ghz

Motorola Droid X
    Traded

Motorola Droid
    RETIRED (old faithful)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I dropped my Droid about 12 inches dashboard to center console and it wouldn't turn on..... lol went to Verizon said they will send me a refurbished I will get on Tuesday cause this happened on a Friday... I told them to F them selves literally thought the guys eyes were goin to bug out of his head.. Motorola offers a 1 year warranty.. for there "defects" I told them I don't Want another phone that was fixed from another defect..... at that point I started getting loud and I mean real loud got the speech of paying full price for the phone. I told them to call the cause I am NT leaving till I get a new phone... bottom line I walked out with a brand new Droid and free jawbone

Sent from my etcha-sketch
    Free Hotfile account
    [URL="http://hotfile.com/register.html?reff=867289"]Kernel Downloads
    Set up a DropBox.... Free 2GB of space... IF I helped you or you enjoyed my Post
    Free Dropbox
    For every accepted invite I get 225MB so if you like my post please sign up for an account 100% FREE
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    i didnt want to read your whole post, sorry, i'm in a hurry, but i was avoiding homework and saw your title..
    i had a situation like this. i went through 5 droids. being mean wont help anything. if you are nice and polite and find a rep that can sympathize with you they can do something for you. they just gave me an inc straight up instead of another d1. just yesterday after my 3rd dinc broke i was offered a 2 yr upgrade right now (i didnt take it because better phones are coming out soon.
    all i know is for some reason the reps beg me to let them do favors for me. just be nice, ask them if they have a droid and if they think it should happen to their's and how they would feel if it did.

now, i dont know what you're asking, but i hope that maybe helped a little? yes, they are very low quality replacements
    got eris: 12/24/09
    returned eris: 12/28/09
    got droid: 12/31/09
    rooted droid: sometime in january (right after it was released (manually))
    bb->2.1 sbf->desire rom> 2.1bb> 2.2
    got incredible as warranty replacement 8/31/10
    shattered inc screen 9/25/10-> got insurace replacement 10/4/10
    broke inc screen 10/19/10-> got warranty replacement 10/22/10
    got moto droid 1 off ebay 1/7/11
    broke inc screen 5/26/11-> got insurance replacement inc2 5/27/11
    sold inc2 & bought vzw 16gb iphone 4 6/9/11
  5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    That was mature...especially because it was your fault. I would've banned you from my store!

Quote Originally Posted by pierced_droid View Post
    I dropped my Droid about 12 inches dashboard to center console and it wouldn't turn on..... lol went to Verizon said they will send me a refurbished I will get on Tuesday cause this happened on a Friday... I told them to F them selves literally thought the guys eyes were goin to bug out of his head.. Motorola offers a 1 year warranty.. for there "defects" I told them I don't Want another phone that was fixed from another defect..... at that point I started getting loud and I mean real loud got the speech of paying full price for the phone. I told them to call the cause I am NT leaving till I get a new phone... bottom line I walked out with a brand new Droid and free jawbone

Sent from my etcha-sketch

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I've had two Droids (#1 and X) and neither have ever had any problems. My son also has a Droid 1 and has had no problems. I have a feeling that you were either unlucky or you are doing something out of the ordinary. That being said, you deserve a working phone unless you are doing something "against the rules."

Since Verizon isn't willing to help you out and would prefer to point their fingers at Motorola, here is what I would do (at least for the first set of actions):

Tell Verizon that you will be expecting them to contact Motorola and have Motorola resolve the problem with a new phone. Tell Verizon that you will expect a full report in 24 hours describing who at Motorola they spoke to and what action Motorola is going to take. I would also tell Verizon that you will follow up with both Motorola (based on their contact - the individual they spoke to), and with their regional manager (you will need to get that name from them). If nothing can be resolved, tell you them you would like your contract closed at no cost to you and you are going to go get an iPhone from AT&T.

Good luck.
    Tom
    Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr (can't remember what else), NOW: iPhone 5S Sorry Droid

http://tjmanson1.wordpress.com
    http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I guess its just luck of the draw. I got my Droid 1 a week after release date, have dropped in a cement numerous occasions and have even dropped in in water. The touchscreen didn't work for an evening but took the battery out and let it sit overnight and works perfectly. The battery doesn't last worth a crap now but as for the phone, no problems with hardware nor software. And for the guy who dropped his phone and then DEMANDED a replacement, you should become an iPhone fanboy because anyone who acts like that doesn't deserve to have a good phone!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (1)
    Thanks for all the responses everyone, and looking back at my post I can see how it could be interpreted that I don't take care of my devices lmao. Nothing could be farther from the truth, I haven't even so much as dropped one on the ground, they have all had some sort of protective case on them. I even so much as leave them at home when I know I am going to be doing something that might put them in some sort of jeopardy. But I would have guessed the same thing if I read my post from someone else. Believe me none of them have even had so much as a scratch on them. I appreciate all the insight, the guarantee post was very helpful. I also have to agree that the store or salesperson you happen upon makes a huge difference. My brother-in-law had a software issue on his first and no questions asked was given a Droid2 and accessories without so much as a contract extension....go figure. I know that both Motorola and Verizon are in business to make $ and would suffer major losses if they gave out brand new phones every time someone had an issue with a one, BUT after as many issues as I and from what it sounds a few others have had with refurbs you would think that good business would dictate a little more effort on their part to rectify the situation rather than the "there's nothing more that we can do" attitude or claiming no accountability for the products they make millions on selling. Anyway thanks again for listening.
    Last edited by Jaxmarand; 11-13-2010 at 05:21 PM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    manicsocratic
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My OG Droid has been dropped on pavement a few times. One of those times it was dropped screen-down on gravel. It also survived an experience where it thought it needed to go swimming.

To this day, the touchscreen is still flawless and all the buttons work. I guess I got a well-built model *shrug*
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Droid permanent screen blackout

I am about to return my third Droid for the same reason Quite frustrating and I COMPLETELY understand!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links