DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: can motodroid be more phone use friendly?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The "Voice Dialer" application that comes preloaded on the Droid works very well (for me, anyway). I put a shortcut to this application on my home screen and it has made it very easy to make calls.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I'm definitely in the school of thought of utilizing shortcuts, both to people I call (I usually only call a handful of people frequently) and the phone shortcut itself. I actually find that making phone calls on this is EASIER than on my Storm.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyer05 View Post
    Yeah, voice recognition is bad and it will only search the web. All settings are correct and it still only gives web results. Contacts are not looked at. tried an aftermarket voice dialer, better but still bad. Hope they fix it.
    No it will do voice calls, you just say call "name here" and it should dial their number. I think my problem was just creating a contact called home.

Quote Originally Posted by HelterSkelter View Post
    The "Voice Dialer" application that comes preloaded on the Droid works very well (for me, anyway). I put a shortcut to this application on my home screen and it has made it very easy to make calls.
    You do know that if you hold down the search button for 2 seconds the voice dialer pops up?
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I just made direct dial shortcuts on my home screen for the people I give a rat's butt to actually speak with (well what I consider one of the secondary home screens so I don't randomly dial people all willy nilly) ... the others I just dial from my contacts if I really have to talk to them.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I will try changing the search options. That could work.
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Three apps to make your Droid more Phone like..

Voice Dialer HF - A far superior Voice Dialer to the native app, uses voice prompts all the way and doesn't require screen taps once initiated. Also better voice recognition. WIll also open other apps easily and accurately.

Button Shortcut - Will remap Voice Dialer or Phone app (or any app), to be activated using the camera button. Doesn't affect camera button when camera is on.

Not Call Log - Lets you chose which screen the phone goes too after ending a call. The native system sends you to the calling log when ending a call. I prefer going back to the home screen. Some prefer going back to the dialing screen, you can chose your preferance with this app.

All 3 of these apps have been 100% stable on my Droid and the combination does make my Droid a better "phone".
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Wow. This phone is easy to use if you listen to the advice. Shortcuts. To direct dial make it one button call. Voice dial works great if you say it right and there are 3rd party apps that take it further if needed. Simple simple simple.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Takami826 View Post
    I just made direct dial shortcuts on my home screen for the people I give a rat's butt to actually speak with (well what I consider one of the secondary home screens so I don't randomly dial people all willy nilly) ... the others I just dial from my contacts if I really have to talk to them.
    I also use shortcuts on my homescreen to the numbers I call most. And I also have shortcuts to those same three people for texting them. Only problem is: the icon to phone number and text message (their pics) are the same so I have to remember the placement (phone is top row, texting is next row). It wold be nice if there were some kind of indication (like H for home number and M for mobile on the voice icons) to distinguish texting shortcut from voice shortcut.
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Look closer at upper right of the contact shortcut image icons, the phone shortcut has a little green phone "handle" on it and the messaging version has a little messaging icon. Subtle, but there is a difference.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Wow, thanks. Can't believe I missed those little icon critters.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links