Just got my moto droid and was wondering what are some of the most usefull apps on the android market?
The apps that I use the most: (All of them are FREE)
1. Handcent SMS (better than the built in SMS)
2. Dolphin Browser (Pinch and zoom browser and tabs)
3. Locale (Changes settings (ringer volume, WIFI, bluetooth, etc based on location)
4. Power Manager Trial (Helps conserve battery)
5. Advanced Task Manager Free (Ends background programs, most people say you don't need this but I believe it makes my phone run better. It also acts as an uninstaller for uninstalling apps)
6. MotoTorch (LED flashlight)
7. SportsTap (Updates on sports)
8. Backgrounds (Changes the Homepage background)
9. WaveSecure (Backup contacts, Lose your phone? Lock your phone remotely and delete all the data on it)
10. Mixzang Lite (better than the default music player)
11. Pandora Radio (love Pandora)
12. eBuddy (Facebook chat, AIM, many others)
13. The Weather Channel (weather)
14. Places Directory - Google (Works with Google Maps, helps find your favorite restaurants, etc)
15. ShopSavvy (Saves money by scanning bar codes)
There are many more apps, but those my top 15 apps. =) Hope that will help you.
Last edited by yorkwall; 12-07-2009 at 09:51 PM.
There is also Barcode Reader, which is similar to Shopsavvy (get Shopsavvy too). If you go to the Android Market site at AndroLib, Find all applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, HTC Dream, HTC Magic etc... and find something that you like, use the Barcode Reader at the QR Code spot on your computer screen. It'll give you the option of going to the Market on your Droid and take you right to the app.
Is there a way to download free droid apps on your PC while you have your droid hooked to it via the USB cable and install it that way? Or do you have to go on the phone directly to install apps?
I've had the phone less than 24 hours, so I have yet to add/use any other apps on it aside from the stock ones.
I like most of the ones above and these are some other ones I like :
1. Where : better than Places directory etc. for local info restaurants
weather, gas prices, yellow pages access etc.
2. Youtube : free music video
3. LastFM : more free music
4. BatteryLife : rapid info on battery
5. Shush! : rapid easy sound shutoff (Ringer toggle widget crashed my sound)
6. Any cut : shortcut for phone # on home screen
7. Dockrunner : puts phone in clock mode without $ 30 dock
8. Car phone : condenses several apps (phone, map, directions, traffic etc.)
9. Email : can synch email to home screen easily
10. Pkt Auctions : follow bids on eBay
11. Spare parts : check battery usage
12. Wifinder : look for wifi spots
13. WiFi Analyzer : see above and shows signal strength