OK, so I've had the Droid for almost a month and my son is slowly convincing me to switch to the Eris, especially since it will most likely get 2.0/2.1 updated in the next few months.
- Can still get Exchange Email
- Better Keyboard
- Apps work the same
- I don't use the physical keyboard
- Call/End buttons for ease of use (I made a call to my home today and exited out of the phone, couldn't get back in, VM picked up and I just couldn't hang up the thing - really annoyed me. Sure there is a simple way that maybe someone here can give me to hang up when exiting out of phone but a simple call end button is nice).
- Pinch Zoom (used to that from iPod Touch)
- Sense UI
Some more I didn't add so this isn't too long.
Of course, on the flip side I said to him:
- Love Navigation - his answer - it's coming w/in a few months
- Love the bigger screen - his answer - but you wanted something thinner and lighter so you have to go with smaller screen if that's more important
- Like the screen resolution - his answer - dad, you're old so can you REALLY see a HUGE difference - that was pretty funny answer.
- Will the exchange mail work as good - his answer - why wouldn't it.
Again, probably more but just don't want this to be too long.
So, is it worth it to save $100? Is anyone else feeling the same way?
BTW, what is the processor on the Eris? It can't be as fast as the Droid, right?
Thanks for weighing in all.
Now we are an Apple family and I can say that if Google keeps things up I don't think I'd every lust for an iPhone again.