DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid tough?!?!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Droid is Tough!

This is my first post here. Long time lurker. I just wanted to share my story. I left my phone on the flat fender on my Jeep today and decided to go for a test drive after working on. I got going about 45 MPH and my front end started shake violently. I have the "death wobble" BTW. It fell off and landed on the road. It took a chunk out of the rubber case, put a big ding on the bottom corner and broke the battery door off. When I picked it out of the ditch I expected the screen to be broke. It wasn't even scratched! It turned right on and was still working. If there was ever a doubt about the durability it went out the window after this.
    Last edited by basicfisherman; 07-19-2010 at 10:54 PM.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    That's friggin awesome!! to the forum!
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    my droid is new and this is reassuring
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Mine took a massive hit yesterday , falling about 8ft off a ladder onto marble . A few nicks here and there , but like yours , screen is %100 and still working like a champ . Very impressed.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    One of those places where we have a lot of sweet tea.
    Phone
    droid 4
    I have always been fond of the motorola durability. I am on my second body glove case, only because used the first one as a lint brush......obviously a lot because I felt I needed to replace it. With it there is no slide all over my vehicles console. Perhaps screen protectors and a case? Before you do that again. I drop mine a lot no matter how many built in purse pockets I have...no one needs me until the phones out of fast-on-the draw reach....and then .....fumble...blamb onto the parking deck. Welcome to the droid.
    Some days...you cannot run the show...just go with it. Why? The word mutiny. Because? My mutiny wins when I have had my fill. Today I am likely just going with it....
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Not Always

My daughter dropped her droid about 1.5 feet from a church pew to the concrete floor with the keyboard open. It snapped one of the hinges off the keyboard and it would not close. The screen and keyboard worked ok, but Verizon said they wouldn't even try to repair it. 89.00 later after the insurance deductible I replaced it (which she will work off). Serves her right for trying to text in church.
    The Eagle has Landed
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I have owned the original ican't, i can't 3g and BB storm. The Doid is the most durable phone I've ever owned. My droid doubles as a work phone. I've dropped mine from a 20ft extension ladder. (I work as a security systems manager for a local company). Droid landed on its feet (bottom), and only was dented. I'm not the nicest person to my droid (although i've never had a reason to be mean), and it never lets me down. If it was a car it would be a 1000awhp honda. (Fast+reliable)

-D
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Has that newly rooted smell...
    1 fall out of the pocket of my shorts getting out of my car, maybe 2 feet, onto an asphalt parking lot.... screen maybe 30% spiderwebbed. Make no mistake, scratch/break-resistant =/= scratch/break proof, and 1 lucky experience should not make you feel invinceable...
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    2 foot fall from couch onto cherry hardwood floors and the screen shattered! Phone replaced for $50 w/insurance. Second Droid has fallen numerous times onto concrete, cement floors, hardwood, etc. and not 1 crack on the screen.

Basically, I think it's the luck of the draw on how it falls. If you catch an edge or a corner, chances are it will survive. If it lands flat on the screen, it WILL shatter like my first one did.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm still in shock but i was riding my bike on the road, the phone fell out of my pocket and landed face down on the road. then a car proceeded to run directly over the phone. no real problems though, camera flash seemed out of sync until i restarted the phone, only damage is the entire phone is slightly warped and you can see the indentations on the screen bezel where the asphalt dug in. I still cant believe it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links