Unfortunately regardless of the days if your employer uses a PIN on the exchange accounts, there is no e-mail/contact.
I am having the same connection issues with my exchange account and need some further help.....please. I am not an IT pro, but I do have admin rights to our server. We are a small company so I feel very comfortable changing the settings myself to hopefully get my phone to work.
I have also installed Touchdown and it works well, but I would like to get the exchange working the way it is supposed to and see if that is better than touchdown. In the setting up of Touchdown, under the settings button and the advanced tab under the "enable push" checkbox it shows in red letters " ActiveSync support not found". I suspect that is an issue on our server and not the phone. I went in the exchange system and under global settings/properties.....all of the active sync boxes were checked and enabled. There is obviously another setting somewhere that needs to be changed. Can anyone tell me exactly where that setting is on my server?
Also, I hear alot of talk about PIN and all that. Where do I go on my server to see if my exchange server is requiring PINs?
There's a feature request posted on Google code (issue 4475). I think we just have to wait for this security support to be added. It's kind of embarrassing for Android to tout Exchange compatibility without support for the security features that corporations are bound to enforce.
Make some noise at that issue page and leave a comment. In the meantime it looks like the integrated Exchange support works fine for some, while others (myself included) will have to use a 3rd party app.
Currently test-driving the Moto Droid
Looking to early-term my ATT/iPhone contract
If your company mandates the security settings I posted, you'll have to go to a 3rd party app. If not, ask your sysadmin to turn it off.
I turned mine off and it worked. However, there's no Global Address Book lookup available with the native e-mail app so we went with Touchdown. (and turned the setting back on)
OK after hours on the phone and online, I have my email, contacts, and calendar syncing RIGHT! Here is what MY solution was:
I am on an Exchange Server 2003 and I had to install SP2. There is also a download to install activesync as well. I will try to insert the Microsoft links to these tomorrow. I am typing this on my Droid so I can't do it now. Once. I installed both of these I had to unchecked the box for SSL on the phone. Started getting email and contacts immediately! Calendar already was working. So for me the fix was the SP2 update. Hope that helps at least one and hopefully more!