DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid Sync with Exchange 2003

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    650-345-5000

Got mine working!

Well after futzing with freakin' Exchange Activesync and my new Droid for the last few days, I got everything working including syncing my calendar. Here is what I did -- hope this helps.

First of all, since I am an individual who has my own Exchange Server (2003) running at home, I was able to tweak to my heart's content. I made sure the boxes that force password policies (i.e. requiring a PIN) were unchecked.

This site was enormously helpful: https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

I ran the tests to see what my Exchange Server was doing. Turns out that the exchange-oma setting must be set up without SSL/certificates or forms-based authentication. I had to set up another "Exchange Virtual Server" to do this. Once I did, and restarted IIS, everything starting flying into my phone!

These other links may be invaluable to you:
    Exchange ActiveSync returned an HTTP 500 Error
    Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003
    IT-EYE | FAQ

Now that Exchange Activesync is working, I feel like I have a real Droid phone. I went from almost returning it tomorrow to being elated.

Don't give up - you can do it!!!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    omnia & droid & voyager
    My problem is I need to import my certs manually (At least I did with my windows CE devices). They are pkb and p7b files and in my research so far they need to be p12 certs. Anyone have any idea how to import them? I did google it and found someone on a PDA renamed the file to p12 and that worked. But it did not work for me. The password would never get accepted.

I'm in control of my own exchange server so I can do some tests on Monday. But I havn't figured it out yet.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    omnia & droid & voyager
    Well after fiddling around with it I guess it does work. All I need to do was drop the domain name from the username I used \jdoe instead of MYDOMAIN\jdoe

I check the ssl and accept certificates and it started pulling with no issues.
  4. tgt
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    read the whole thread, there are some things that fix this...
    Oh believe me..I did (multiple times). Still having the issue on my end (tried everything listed thus far). Is anyone that DID get it working actually using the PIN functionality? I still suspect that may be the problem for some of us.

Thanks all,
    tgt
  5. tgt
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Just some addtional information for anyone that looks at this. Android 2.0 does not support the PIN functionality.

Issue documented through Motorola (INCLUDING a work arround): https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61301

Issue at Google (star this issue if you want to vote for it and be notified if it's corrected/included): Issue 4475 - android - Support for ActiveSync provisioning protocol - Project Hosting on Google Code

Supposedly $10 download of Touchdown (available in the marketplace as well) fixes the issue. Downloading a trial of it now myself.
    http://www.nitrodesk.com/dk_touchdownPurchase.aspx

Hope this helps,
    tgt
    Last edited by tgt; 11-08-2009 at 02:08 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

Exchange 2003 on DROID

Hi All

I am also an exchange admin for my company. I was able to successfully set up my phone to sync with my work email, contacts and calendar.

I had to use the address that my company uses for OWA (outlook web access)

without using the HTTPS or HTTP in front of it and it worked like a charm. I also check both of the SSL boxes.

Hope this helps, I am willing to help if anyone has questions.
  7. tgt
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    jcochran - does your company enforce the PIN security?

As a followup. I installed touchdown (via the previous link) and everything hooked up/downloaded like a charm.

-tgt
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Same problems and symptoms here. I work for a very large corporation that enforces the PIN stuff. Using the OWA information and my domain credentials (which works on my iPhone 3G) I CANNOT sync my mail on the Droid -- I get the black screen nonsense. Unfortunately I do not have any control whatsoever over the Exchange config since I'm not in that IT department. ;-)
    Currently test-driving the Moto Droid
    Looking to early-term my ATT/iPhone contract
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    FWIW this was posted in another thread.

Security policies are the norm, I'd say, in large corporate security-conscious environments. My employer is particularly anal about it. Ugg. This could be a deal-breaker for me.
    Currently test-driving the Moto Droid
    Looking to early-term my ATT/iPhone contract
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

try this..

I set mine up on Friday and it was showing email and everything was gelling. Saturday & Sunday I got the infamous black screen but thought nothing of it. I saw this thread today and it got me curious.. so I went hunting into the settings - first thing that caught my attention was settings - accounts & sync - sellect your exchange account - Account settings - amount to sync - by default this is 1 day, so i'm guessing you guys aren't getting any corporate emails on the weekend like me.. by adjusting it to 3 days or one week tada, theres my email again. I set it back to sync 1 day.. and all the email vanishes again and back to a black screen. D:
    Last edited by Rasputin; 11-08-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links