DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG I got Yahoo Mail to work!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    I got both of my yahoo accounts working on my phone w/out a problem. My wifes phone on the other hand gave me fits. When in doubt, remember you're dealing with a computer. Shut itdown and try again. After that, it worked, just like it did on my phone.

For the record, those same settings work for ymail too. I found the trick on another forum. You have to set up a regular yahoo adress first to get Android to accept the servers addresses. Then after that address is working, you can go into the account settings and change the UN and PW to your ymail leaving the other settings as-is.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    for those who tried to do this with wifi on, turn it off, do battery pulls and make sure it is off before you try to set it up. make sure you are trying to set this up through the k-9 mail application from the app market and not the standard email app that came with your phone. also when you're setting up the email, after you press manual, if you look at your username, the @yahoo.com has been removed, as per the instructions, make sure you put it back. see if that works. mine still works right now. i had it on "check every minute" and had no problems. now i'm going to turn the frequency down to 15.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Check your sent messages on the web

Quote Originally Posted by roguephoenix View Post
    for those who tried to do this with wifi on, turn it off, do battery pulls and make sure it is off before you try to set it up. make sure you are trying to set this up through the k-9 mail application from the app market and not the standard email app that came with your phone. also when you're setting up the email, after you press manual, if you look at your username, the @yahoo.com has been removed, as per the instructions, make sure you put it back. see if that works. mine still works right now. i had it on "check every minute" and had no problems. now i'm going to turn the frequency down to 15.
    Can you go on the web and look at your sent messages. I have(as well as several others in another thread) have hundreds of copies of the messages I sent from my phone. I suspect this problems is wide spread but I doubt many people look in that folder very often. I just happened to stumble on it a couple days ago. Let us know what you find.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (and AT&T BB from work)
    I just looked at my Sent mail from the Web access to my Yahoo mail I had one mail listed over 1000 time and others that had over 120 copies of the same sent mail!
    Something is VERY VERY wrong with the DROID and Yahoo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links