DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Text Message Mismatch

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question Text Message Mismatch

I ran into a problem with one of my Droids. I received a text message from someone and the problem is that the name shown at the top of the text message window does NOT match the name in the thread below. Now I don't know who the message actually came from. If I reply it goes to the person listed in the header and not the person in the thread. Any ideas?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    D Mike, I too have something similar goin on. When I get a text from someone that doesn't have an assigned picture the phone randomly pulls a pic from another contact and uses it as that original texters pic. It's strange.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I also had a text problem. When receiving a text it would say that it was from another person in my contacts and when sending a text it would not go to the person It was intended for. It would go to a random contact. I made 4 calls to tech support and 2 trips back to the Verizon store before they would replace the phone saying that they never heard of such a thing. My replacement phone has done this once in the past week so its not perfect neither.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy

If this is indeed a software bug, then I believe that this is a huge issue. Being a former blackberry user I can say that I never lost confidence in messages or emails being redirected to another contact.

This is a huge issue for persons sending sensitive or confidential sms or email messages to persons in their contact list, as I do. I love this phone, but I don't want to have to second guess every time I send a message, wondering if it went to the correct person.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
    Yes I have noticed this too and never exactly related it to the picture but I think that is what it does. it links the message to one with a picture. So far I have known who was texting but if a person was not sure this could be a real problem.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Glad I'm not the only one. Where can we go to report to google? I wanna say I read somewhere that google had a (submit feedback/or SW issues) website but can't remember what it was.
    Running froyo 2.2 on my Droid via UD root w/ no custom kernel
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Tech support tried to tell me that there is no other known issues with this. They need to know that it is a big problem. Text does sometimes involve private matters and ypou never know where they will end up but it is always someone else in your contact list... NOT good. On my first call to T.S. they told me to add all area codes to everyone in my contacts (something that will need to be done in a month or so anyways or you will not be able to place a call without them) That did not work. Second and third calls they said it sounded like software issues/failure. They even factory reset my phone so it was all started over like a brand new phone. Still no good. Finally replaced it. I now tell everyone to add their initials to the end of every text so i know for sure who it is from. Getting them to the correct person though is another issue, you just watch what you say!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
    I decided to add photos to the contacts I normally get a message from. Now of course if I receive a surprise message, then I guess I might wonder who it will be ...
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    what's crazy is that there is no fix for this in the 12/11 update
    Running froyo 2.2 on my Droid via UD root w/ no custom kernel
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    One of he fixes coming on 12/11 is a sms and mms bug where if you have you contacts mobile area code in (parenthesis) the Droid will replace their area code with yours. It gets really annoying when my texts meant to go to California get sent to the same number but in my area code instead of theirs.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links