When I type in my username and password it just tells me it's unable to connect to the server. Please help. I don't really use Gmail for anything!
I had a similar if not the same issue you're experiencing (detail on pg. 13 of this thread). I had access for a few weeks (once I received the 2.1 drop) and then started to receive the connection error out of the blue.
Nothing I did corrected the issue. Thankfully, it corrected itself after about a week. It's been working fine since this past weekend.
I found this after doing a bit of googling.. it seems that you have to setup this way if you dont even over wifi it will not prompt you for the other settings. The SSL server requirement seems to be what will get you through the next screen to setup the smtp protocol as well.
IMAP is another way you can get Yahoo! Mail on your phone. Using IMAP you can download messages with your mobile client, so you can access your mail even when not connected to the mobile Internet.
How to set up Yahoo! Mail with your mobile client using IMAP
- On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application.
- On the 'Your accounts' page, select Next to get started with setup.
- Enter your full Yahoo! address and password, then select Next.
- On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
- If prompted, supply the following information:
- Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
- Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL)
- Username: full email address (email@example.com)
- Password: is the password you login to Yahoo! with