DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: issues installing

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

issues installing

For some reason I can't install apps on 2.2... I tried force closing market app but it just says computing.. I went back to 2.1 and I could install fine but when i flashed a 2.2 rom on I have the same problem.. Tried wipe 6times need serious help cause this is killing me now. Thanks for the help
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    barkleyfan
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Dunno what rom you are running. There were some market issues with Froyo, and I think some patches were available. ATM I am running Kangerade V1, and it is as bug-free as I've seen. Flash works, wifi works, bluetooth voicedial works, and apps2sd works. Had a few hiccups until I moved launcherpro and apps that ran widgets back to internal memory, but aside from that I haven't found a bug or even a inconvenience. Battery life is great @1ghz. I used Rom Manager, and kernel choices, theme options, as well as other options are selectable pre-install.
  3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Around 6 EST last night the market wasn't working for anyone. Maybe its been up and down off and on since then. This morning it was working super fast for me, like it hasn't since I installed froyo 3 days ago.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tallation.html post 13 has the market patch mentioned above but I think it was for apps not showing, not for apps that wouldn't install.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am experiencing the same problem with Pete's Bugless Beast v0.2.1 installed via ROM Manager. I did a few days ago and i tried more wipes and reboots today, but no dice. The first time, i installed Titanium Backup from the market just fine, but it hung restoring my apps. Today i can't even get the market to install anything.

Don't know what this is due to, but as i'm not finding any info about it and my suspicions are that it's not installing to the sd card (and i need that for the number of apps i have), i'm waiting on a release based on the code google dropped yesterday. S'pose i could try different ROMs, but i'll want one with from the opened code, anyway.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had the same issue with Kangerade 1.1 and the leaked Stock 2.2 via ROM Manager, but i just installed Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 1.2.5 and i can install apps just fine. Titanium Backup is also restoring all my (155) apps smoothly as i write.

Try that one? If it works for you, i'd be curious to know.

Links