DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: cant delete an old email

  1. Junior Droid
    Tree Toad's Avatar
    Member #
    11533
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Cool cant delete an old email

    I forwarded an email to my Droid back in mid April. I cannot deleted it!!!! The title continues to show up when I open my email but the body of the email is gone. I have tried every way I know of to get this to go away but no luck. I can delete all the other email but no this one. Little help please??
  2. Senior Droid
    Benton's Avatar
    Member #
    16253
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    196
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    #2
    I don't know all the history of this one email that "sticks" but it sounds rather a pain to keep being reminded of it everytime you open your email. I have never had this specific problem so will take a few shots in the dark.

    1. Is this GMAIL? If so, can you see the same email when you log onto your GMAIL account on-line?

    2. Do you still have a copy of the original email on another computer or phone? You may be able to re-forward the email back to your phone then delete it entirely.

    Again, just shots in the dark.
    Treo600, Treo 700W(X), Omnia 910, Moto Droid1, Moto Droid2(G), Moto Droid4
  3. Junior Droid
    Tree Toad's Avatar
    Member #
    11533
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Benton View Post
    I don't know all the history of this one email that "sticks" but it sounds rather a pain to keep being reminded of it everytime you open your email. I have never had this specific problem so will take a few shots in the dark.

    1. Is this GMAIL? If so, can you see the same email when you log onto your GMAIL account on-line?

    2. Do you still have a copy of the original email on another computer or phone? You may be able to re-forward the email back to your phone then delete it entirely.

    Again, just shots in the dark.
    This wasnt Gmail, SBC.yahoo.com. I do not have the original so I cant do that. When I tried to delete the original all that dissapeared was the the body of the email but the header will NOT go away.
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Toad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benton View Post
    I don't know all the history of this one email that "sticks" but it sounds rather a pain to keep being reminded of it everytime you open your email. I have never had this specific problem so will take a few shots in the dark.

    1. Is this GMAIL? If so, can you see the same email when you log onto your GMAIL account on-line?

    2. Do you still have a copy of the original email on another computer or phone? You may be able to re-forward the email back to your phone then delete it entirely.

    Again, just shots in the dark.
    This wasnt Gmail, SBC.yahoo.com. I do not have the original so I cant do that. When I tried to delete the original all that dissapeared was the the body of the email but the header will NOT go away.
    Hmmm...Probably need to do a factory data reset out of your privacy section in the settings. That will clear it up for you.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Avalanche's Avatar
    Member #
    80588
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #5
    I had this issue when I first got my Droid and couldn't figure it out.


    Like Tree Toad said...

    I just went to my main email account "online" and deleted the email there. Once I did that, the emails where gone. For those that may not get what I am saying...if you delete an email on your phone, it will not be deleted from your main email account unless you are using the web.

    hope that made sense.
  6. Junior Droid
    Tree Toad's Avatar
    Member #
    11533
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Toad View Post
    I forwarded an email to my Droid back in mid April. I cannot deleted it!!!! The title continues to show up when I open my email but the body of the email is gone. I have tried every way I know of to get this to go away but no luck. I can delete all the other email but no this one. Little help please??
    I got thru to tech support and explained my problem. He did some checking and said no one had heard of it before. The only solution was them hard reset. Lost all my apps but was able to find most of them and reinstall them. The email is GONE. Tech support was fantastic. Patient to say the least and got the problem solved.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Can't delete a certain email
    By melodymaker in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 12:50 AM
  2. using email app and delete
    By n813ca in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
  3. Delete email?
    By dalegg in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 08:06 AM
  4. email delete
    By ddr in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 02:20 PM
  5. email delete all
    By nelsons in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Search tags for this page

android old email cant delete

,

cannot delete an old email on my droid

,
cant delete android emails
,

email cant be deleted on droid incredible

,

how do i take off a email address from a droid x2

,
how to delete email history droid
,
how to delete old email on droid x
,
i can't delete old emails droid x
,

i cant see my old emails on droid

,
remove old email droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+