DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can The Docking Stations (Multimedia Station) Cause Harm To Droid?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Can The Docking Stations (Multimedia Station) Cause Harm To Droid?

I bought a Multimedia Stations (Docking Station) for my Motorola Droid. Last night was my first use. My phone needed a charge, and I thought it would be awesome to have it get charged on the dock and be a nice little cool bed side clock.

While trying to sleep, I was thinking as it was connected to the Multimedia Stations could this possibly do harm in two ways. 1. Burn into the LED since the background is the same, and the Time just changes. 2. If you leave there connected to charge, while the phone is already charged, could the over flow of constant Power Cycling through the battery shorten it's life? ?

I have 30 days to return the item, but I'd like to know further more before continuing nightly leaving the phone on the dock.
  2. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Since this was designed for continuous overnight use, there should be safeguards built in to prevent overcharging. And I don't believe the screen would be as susceptible to burn-ins.

I have both the Seidio and Verizon multimedia docks and I haven't seen a problem.
  3. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    And yet another free push for that alarm clock app I like <g> Better alarm clock, in market, moves the time around on your screen after a while and fully customizable..

And I really have nothing to do with this app lol
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ^^ That would help, but I like the stationery idea of the clock, the still background is what the problem is.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4S daily. Droid and DX
    Quote Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT View Post
    I bought a Multimedia Stations (Docking Station) for my Motorola Droid. Last night was my first use. My phone needed a charge, and I thought it would be awesome to have it get charged on the dock and be a nice little cool bed side clock.

While trying to sleep, I was thinking as it was connected to the Multimedia Stations could this possibly do harm in two ways. 1. Burn into the LED since the background is the same, and the Time just changes. 2. If you leave there connected to charge, while the phone is already charged, could the over flow of constant Power Cycling through the battery shorten it's life? ?

I have 30 days to return the item, but I'd like to know further more before continuing nightly leaving the phone on the dock.

Andorid 2.2 and 2.1 have the screen issue solved.

And all cell phones use the Lithium-Ion battery standard of charging till they hit 4.19 volts and then trickle charge to 4.20. You can run a maintenance trickle charge for the next year and it won't hurt the battery since it is designed not to have a memory.
    Facts are the very first casuality of bad information.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull One View Post

Andorid 2.2 and 2.1 have the screen issue solved.

And all cell phones use the Lithium-Ion battery standard of charging till they hit 4.19 volts and then trickle charge to 4.20. You can run a maintenance trickle charge for the next year and it won't hurt the battery since it is designed not to have a memory.
    Great news on the charge. So I could charge the thing till full, and it won't keep charging? How is the screen issue resolved? Do you have any knowledge behind the method to save?
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    The Droid's battery is like any other Li ion battery. There's plenty of info on Li ion batteries if you Google as well as former threads that discuss Li ion batteries, care, overcharging, etc. It's not an issue.

How is the screen issue resolved? Do you have any knowledge behind the method to save?
    If you're really worried then tap the power button while docked.
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-22-2010 at 02:03 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr HD
    I recently bought the Multimedia Station and I love it. My opinion on it, is that Motorola made and designed the Station. So I'm sure it will be fine if The Station and the Droid was made by the same company. Lol.
    Motorola Droid RAZR HD
    Android 4.1.2
    "Droid is fast, Like a race horse duct taped to a scud missile fast!"
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    1. Burn into the LED since the background is the same, and the Time just changes.
    LED/LCD screens don't get burn in, ever.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I actually have seen a lcd monitor get something close to burn in, but it was an older monitor and was starting to fail in other ways. Current LCD screens shouldn't have that problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Links