DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Question about Droid security

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question about Droid security

I am seriously thinking of switching to a Droid (or iPhone....but right now, after what I have seen, Droid has pulled out in front!!), but I have a few questions:
    - How secure is the device? I am coming from Blackberrys and I am very security conscious.
    - Are there things I can do to make it more secure? Like password protecting the device? Or having it lock after X minutes of inactivity?

I can't think of any more questions right now, but if anyone has any more security related info, that would be fantastic!
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    it won't have your back if somebody is going to mug you. It's very unreliable in that aspect.

But you can pw protect it when you lock it or do the pattern lock.

You can set the duration of time it takes to go into sleep/lock mode as well.

There are many apps as well that will store pw's or other sensitive info you don't want people seeing. So yes in that aspect it's very secure.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Bah!!! My Pearl once took one for me in a bar, so that's a strike against Droid right there! HAHAHAH!!

Seriously, thanks for the info. The more I read about this device, the more I like it. Heck, even my wife is thinking about getting one!! Although, if that happens, my life will be spent showing her how to do everything and my device will be untouched!!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    As some of the authors implied, there's a number of ways to measure security. In addition to the items listed by others, one thing to keep in mind is that unlike the iPhone, it's fairly trivial to get to your bits that are stored on the removable media - even if you have a 'perfect' password in place.

Keep this in mind when you measure security - it's certainly a vulnerability.

Personally, I prefer removable storage, and I prefer to have a smart phone with all of the features of the Droid. Nonetheless, if I were to ever loose it I would consider all data on it compromised (and thus don't store critical material upon it).
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Don't save critical data on your phone. I don't care what kind of security it's got... BB or not... just smarter to be safe than sorry.

Links