DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Any news on Droid Froyo OTA Update or official Update.zip?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Any news on Droid Froyo OTA Update or official Update.zip?

All the Froyo threads seem to be discussing rooted leaks, no discussion of the forthcoming official update. Any news there?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    None.

Though the general rumor/consensus is perhaps by the end of the month. This is based upon that the second leaked froyo was not a ROM put together, but the actual test version of froyo made for the droid by moto.

No one has heard anything yet from official sources.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlukes View Post
    All the Froyo threads seem to be discussing rooted leaks, no discussion of the forthcoming official update. Any news there?
    Same as always, No one will know for sure until it actually hits. It's that simple.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Strange how they jam out new phones like hot cakes but the updates to the phones take centuries. They ought to reverse this processes; spend more time focusing on a handful of devices which aren't just built to be top notch for a whole three months and instead build a high quality device that gets polished with new updates on a regular basis, thus saving it from obsolescence.

This is a good example of quantity over quality. That's not to say the Android devices are by any means substandard but imagine if the Droid, N1, and some unnamed third device were the only three Android phones you could come by, all with unique features to preserve choice. Now also imagine they built these phones to hold their ground for a year before the release of the next wave of phones and instead just focused on improving and optimizing the software; they'd be 5 times as awesome I bet. This would be due not only to the generous support from Google, but also because there would be an even larger fanbase given users wouldn't be so spread out.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweettooth View Post
    Strange how they jam out new phones like hot cakes but the updates to the phones take centuries.
    The phone just came out in November and we're getting two updates within a year. How many updates does the iPhone get a year? 1. Really, the phone is remarkable as it is. I really don't think a few months is "centuries" to wait.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by DraconWolfX View Post
    The phone just came out in November and we're getting two updates within a year. How many updates does the iPhone get a year? 1. Really, the phone is remarkable as it is. I really don't think a few months is "centuries" to wait.
    Completely agree. I am happy with the update rotation. I am also glad they pay attention to detail.
    Motorola Droid - FroYo Bugless Beast V0.1 @ 800 MHz
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Nothing still?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Strange how they jam out new phones like hot cakes but the updates to the phones take centuries.

I'll second that. Coming from a Windows Mobile phone, where I got....oh yeah...NO updates in 2 years. This has been a dream come true. Also, with the Marketplace, there are decent work arounds for most problems, even without rooting.

Love my Droid! The updates are just icing.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by myriad46 View Post

I'll second that. Coming from a Windows Mobile phone, where I got....oh yeah...NO updates in 2 years. This has been a dream come true. Also, with the Marketplace, there are decent work arounds for most problems, even without rooting.

Love my Droid! The updates are just icing.
    i think what he meant by "taking centuries" is the suspense and all of the false hope we had for 2.1

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr HD
    Rumors have it that Froyo (Frozen Yogurt) Android 2.2 for the Droid will be released on July, 13, 2010. Many other websites are sticking hard on this date. Droid Life who also told us about Enclair (Android 2.1) Here's is a link to the Site I found:

Rumor: Motorola DROID Receiving Android 2.2 July 13th - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Like I said this is a Rumor......
    Motorola Droid RAZR HD
    Android 4.1.2
    "Droid is fast, Like a race horse duct taped to a scud missile fast!"

Links