I've googled and searched this forum but have not come across anyone else having my problem. In plain, I'm unable to add a new number from which a friend has both texted and called me to his existing contact. I have a Moto Droid.
Here are the steps I follow:
From Call log
- Long press new number from which friend called me.
- Select Add to contacts from menu.
- Select friend's name from list, opening his contact.
- I have deleted his old number from his contact, so I press the green plus sign under Phone, change Home to Mobile, and press in the phone number field. (The new number appears nowhere.)
- I select Done. I am returned to the Call logscreen but the new number is still displayed rather than the friend's name. I check his contact but no number is displayed.
- Open message from friend saying his number has changed.
- Long press new number from which friend has texted me.
- Select Add ########## to Contacts.
- I then follow steps 3-5 above with same results.
I feel really silly having this problem as I'm generally pretty good on my Droid. Anyone else had this problem or see what step I'm missing or doing wrong? Thanks!