DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the lack of Hands Free operation bother anyone?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Doid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Miller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
    However, it's far from a large enough issue for me (and, apparently, most others) for me to take my phone back. If it's that large of an issue for you, then take it back. Problem solved. But don't act crazy when everyone doesn't agree with you as far as the size of the issue.
    Good point... But there are at least 1000 people who agree, some much more vehemently.

Issue 1181 - android - [VoiceDial] Voice confirmation for Voice Dialer - Project Hosting on Google Code
    That's fine. My point is, don't get upset with those of us who aren't losing sleep over this. You asked if we're all that upset about it and I, like others, have replied it's not that big of a deal. It's a nice-to-have, not a need-to-have (for me).
  2. don
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    I use the phone as a GPS and have a windshield mount. It very to use the VoiceDial with it in this mount.
  3. don
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    I use the phone as a GPS and the VoiceDial is easy to use in the mount. I turn on the Speaker and can hear the call excellent. Do not use my Bluetooth in the car.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC G2/BB 8320 & 8900 retired

CK hates leeches

Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    I wouldn't be caught dead with a bluetooth headset in my ear so no it doesn't bother me
    : )
    Come on CK, you saying you do not like blinking leeches on your face?
    I sorta like my Borg Leech.

I wonder if anyone makes BT headsets that go into your ear canal, like some of the smaller hearing aids?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am with the OP. I think it is a MUST HAVE. I used it all the time before I got the Droid. It's dangerous right now if you have to make a call in the car.

Hopefully they will do something.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I agree - this is a must fix - especially for those of us that drive stick shifts! Hands free is a requirement in too many states for this to have been overlooked. Great phone, overall I love it - but this is a major goof for a PHONE.
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Visit this site for a "workaround" until (or if) the Droid is fixed in this respect.

Voice Dialer HF (DFXmobile)

Works as advertized and voice recognition is far superior to the native app. Works consistantly even over 20 feet from the phone with ambiant noise(still uses phone mic, not BT mic)

If your BT headset supports "media audio" it will work almost like real HF dialing, has voice control of apps too.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I really miss my BT headset. My Droid has a case on it that is rubberized, when I put it in my holster its hard to get out because it's grippy. If I put it in my purse, then I have to dig for it. When I'm at work, I kept my old phone on my hip, and when a call came in my headset would beep, I'd touch the button and be connected; or if I needed to call a client while processing their paperwork, a touch, a "Call John" and on the phone I was. If there was more than one number listed in my contacts, a voice would ask me (over the BT) Call John at Work? I could then respond with a Yes or No. IF NO, then it would ask 'Call John at Home?' etc. until it went through the list of numbers I have for John.

With the Droid, I have to struggle to get it out of my holster, turn it on, unlock it, press voice dial (which I now have as a short cut on my main screen) put the phone to my ear, speak the phrase - which includes more info to say "Call John at Home" or else I have to press more buttons to select the correct phone number, wait for it to dial, then press the BT hotkey so it will go to my headset.

Talk about a pain in the neck!

I sure hope they can write some code that will tell the phone 'if paired with a BT headset, activate voice dial when input is received from headset. If call is active, when input from BT Headset is received, disconnect call."
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    Visit this site for a "workaround" until (or if) the Droid is fixed in this respect.

Works as advertized and voice recognition is far superior to the native app. Works consistantly even over 20 feet from the phone with ambiant noise(still uses phone mic, not BT mic)

If your BT headset supports "media audio" it will work almost like real HF dialing, has voice control of apps too.

Although I looked at this and it is EXACTLY what my old phone did (and loved), I don't want to reprogram my camera button.
  10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDebbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post

Although I looked at this and it is EXACTLY what my old phone did (and loved), I don't want to reprogram my camera button.
    Reprogramming the camera button is a seperate app and NOT necessary at all for using VoiceDialer HF.

BTW IF you do use the Button Shortcut app to reprogram your camera button, it doesn't affect the camera button when you open the camera, it still works as normal as the shutter button.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links