DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Texting

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

Motorola Droid Texting

I loaded Handcent from the market so I could have a signature for my texts, works great. My question is, will it mess up the phone if I now delete the origional stock messaging it came with? Thanks

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR
    Unless you're rooted, I don't think there's a way to delete the stock messaging app. Did you root your phone?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by cwzwack View Post
    Unless you're rooted, I don't think there's a way to delete the stock messaging app. Did you root your phone?
    I dont know what that is, lol, so I guess not. I have only had it for 2 days.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by new2tech View Post
    Rooting a Droid is like jailbreaking an iPhone. Don't worry about that yet, just enjoy the stock phone for a while. Just be sure to turn off notifications in the stock messaging app so you don't get double notifications and from both the stock app and Handcent and you'll be fine!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    Rooting a Droid is like jailbreaking an iPhone. Don't worry about that yet, just enjoy the stock phone for a while. Just be sure to turn off notifications in the stock messaging app so you don't get double notifications and from both the stock app and Handcent and you'll be fine!
    Thanks, I did turn off the notification but I still get a pop up in the middle of the screen from the original messaging when someone sends a text and I an doing something on the phone, I have to X out and go into Handcent, Kind of annoying, I just want to use Handcent.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Thanks, I did turn off the notification but I still get a pop up in the middle of the screen from the original messaging when someone sends a text and I an doing something on the phone, I have to X out and go into Handcent, Kind of annoying, I just want to use Handcent.
    Pop up in the middle of screen? That is a function of handcent..unless something changed with the 2.1 update.
  8. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    yea and be sure NOT to delete mesages from the stock one either - itll delete them from handcent too
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Oh, ok, let me double check on that next time, may be a little sleep deprived playing with my new "toy", I will keep you posted, thank you so much. We will have to talk about that rooting someday, I would love to know thw advantages ( i don't know what jailbreaking for iphone is either), I have lots to learn.
    New2Tech
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Yea, I found that out the hard way, thats why I wanted to know if I could get rid of the stock one, I would use it if you could have a signature but.......?
    New2Tech
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I'm guessing here but I think it's because Handcent isn't your default app for messaging yet. Go to the Handcent SMS settings. click on Handcent > Menu > Settings, scroll down to notification settings under sms receive messages. Make sure that's checked and you should be good to go (assuming you've done exactly the same thing in the stock app, except that receive notifications is unchecked in there.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links