Alright so I finally fixed it
I'm not sure what the problem really was but doing
2.1-update1 HOW TO GO FROM 2.1UPDATE1 (OTA) TO STOCK 2.0.1
did it for me.
thank you all for your help!
Mine just started doing stuff like this yesterday:
* Notification bar opens up on its own
* Screen jumps around randomly as I'm swiping
* App drawer hung up halfway open and started shaking like mad
* Home screen stops responding and sometimes doesn't even display icons
* Device hangs for many seconds at a time intermittently, requiring a battery pull
* Home button and Search button stop responding to presses intermittently (and sometimes the home button would work just fine, but the search button was completely unresponsive no matter which app I was in)
* Trying to move an icon around would cause it to start jumping around wildly on its own, mostly over to the right side of my screen, before eventually returning on its own back to its original location
* My browser zooms in as I'm swiping, as if I'm using multitouch, but I'm only touching the screen in one place.
I've uninstalled any apps that I installed recently and I'm rebooting again...for the gazillionth time. I'll see if that makes any difference. I'm worried that the phone is just about to completely crap out on me.
FYI, I'm running stock 2.1.
Actually I think I updated ChompSMS.
After doing a battery pull it was still doing the same thing so I let the phone sit (time out) for a little while and now all is well?
This is strange......
Does anyone know why this happens? It happened to me again, seems to happen once a week. Same symptoms that I descibed in my post above. It just went crazy, I did a battery pull and it fixed it this time.
Can it possible be my Zagg invisi-shield, I doubt it since this just started to happen??
I am going to try to "reset" the phone tonight and see if that fixes the problem, otherwise calling Verizon or BB
This just happened to me last week. Phantom fingers all across my screen. Opening up apps, calling people. At first taking out the battery worked, but eventually that stopped working so I did a factory reset. Didn't help, it was so bad that I couldn't even reactivate the phone. Went into the Verizon store and they had it replaced on warranty. Just got my new phone today.
What freaked me out was that my new phone (I think it's refurbished, but I can't tell) did the same thing very briefly only a few hours after I had finally gotten all my things reloaded.
I'm a little bit frustrated, I really don't want to go another week without my phone. I'm concerned that it isn't a software problem but possibly a hardware problem since the factory reboot didn't resolve the problem at all.