DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: STOPPED calls, not dropped... And this screen???

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

STOPPED calls, not dropped... And this screen???

Hello fellow Droids. I've read thread after thread about dropped calls. I have a tons of "stopped" calls. I've installed Screen Suite and with the screen locked during calls, I still get stopped calls. Now... When this happens I get the screen in the attached picture. The END button is "alive", but doesn't do anything, the SPEAKER button is "alive" but doesn't do anything. The only thing that works is the HOME button. All other buttons are there, but don't respond at all. The caller ID area goes "blank" as pictured. When the call is lost, I don't hear any kind of click, tone, or anything. What gives? I have a few friends with moto droids having the same problem. When I called Verizon they had never heard of this problem. It happens regularly. I've tried holding the phone different ways, etc. I'm a guy with a G.I. haircut so it's not the hair thing. Defective phone? Odd though that every person I know that has one has experienced this.
    Many thanks for all input!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STOPPED calls, not dropped... And this screen???-imag0041.jpg  

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Pull the battery and reboot the phone.

No idea why this happened tho...
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Pull the battery and reboot the phone.

No idea why this happened tho...
    Yeah, it's odd because we have all kinds of people in this forum and I can't recall anyone talking about this either. I'd try as Backnblack suggested and if that doesn't work perhaps going to settings/privacy/factory data reset. It's not what I would consider a common problem.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I forgot... When I called Verizon, I did the "hard restart" by removing the battery with the power on, then rebooting. So... That doesn't fix it. The Verizon guy said if it didn't fix it, it would have to do a data reset.
    Thanks!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Tech3963
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by idpay2cthat View Post
    Hello fellow Droids. I've read thread after thread about dropped calls. I have a tons of "stopped" calls. I've installed Screen Suite and with the screen locked during calls, I still get stopped calls. Now... When this happens I get the screen in the attached picture. The END button is "alive", but doesn't do anything, the SPEAKER button is "alive" but doesn't do anything. The only thing that works is the HOME button. All other buttons are there, but don't respond at all. The caller ID area goes "blank" as pictured. When the call is lost, I don't hear any kind of click, tone, or anything. What gives? I have a few friends with moto droids having the same problem. When I called Verizon they had never heard of this problem. It happens regularly. I've tried holding the phone different ways, etc. I'm a guy with a G.I. haircut so it's not the hair thing. Defective phone? Odd though that every person I know that has one has experienced this.
    Many thanks for all input!!
    Mine started doing the exact same thing a few days ago, then just as suddenly stopped! Not sure why or how.

Actually, mine wasn't just displaying that screen during calls, it would do it at other times, as well. Such as is mentioned in this thread: Wrong home screen
    Last edited by mad3963; 04-27-2010 at 10:29 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Can you still hear the person on the other end talking?
    Thunderbolt

Why Root? - Because I Can

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Mine too!

The first day I had my phone I hung up all the time! I don't know if I'm doing it or it's the phone. It also mutes me all the time! I hate making calls on my droid but I love the phone in general. Then when I go to unmute it the damn back light goes out and I can't unmute it right away! Of course verizon claims they never heard of this before and I don't want a replacement phone.

Links