DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Battery Life - your thoughts

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

My Battery Life - your thoughts

How is other people's battery life. I read about people not charging for 2-3 days but I can't even get 14 hours of moderate use (which was fine until I read about the 2-3 days )

I play maybe an hour or two of games, 30 minutes of browsing, email checking regularly, maybe some music playing. I know I have a weak phone signal so the phone is working hard to maintain a signal.

Battery use monitor, on a day like today, shows 60% display (even though I'm using Auto Brightness). 10% each for phone idle and the standby. Then most other stuff using a few percent.

I don't use widgets etc. so I have very little permanently running.

Any thoughts ?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    14 hrs is decent, I get anywhere between 12 and 20 hrs, depending on what I'm doing on it.
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So how are others talking about 2-3 days between charges ?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Has that newly rooted smell...
    With your amount of use, 14hrs is pretty decent/good. Who are you talking to that's getting 2-3 days? Are they actually using their phone during this time??
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    I haven't read about 2-3 days of use on the mDroid, other phones yes, but not the droid. I'm disappointed in the battery life, but I've adjusted my habits to where it's not an issue anymore.

My wife's eris is an issue and shouldn't be. That's the one I want to figure out.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I get like 6-8, but I do like 100-200 texts a day, browse the web in class, and play games.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    benglund
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    When I'm at work I turn my phone on airplane mode b/c I get 1 bar consistently. I have enough service to make and receive calls / do whatever I want. Since the service is so horrible, it sucks my battery to about 50% in a 12 hr period with literally LOOKING at my msgs twice in that time. If I turn the airplane mode off a few times in that same period, I leave with 90% battery.

I've found that the phone works wonderfully ... if the antennae aren't on. If so, zoom goes the battery. My suggestion is to put the phone on the charger where you'll be if it's an extended period and leave it there. When you decide to venture away, THEN unplug.

You can always purchase the bigger battery, too, though IMHO the phone is big enough for my tastes.

BTW: WITH using airplane mode on for that 12 hour period I can make it a full 24 hours, but usually not more without a charge. If I'm not at work I make it a half day and then it's time to plug it in. I think I've plugged mine in twice today (battery was 70% the first time so it took about an hour, the second about 50% and it took about 2).

One thing I miss about having my old phone - being able to last 2 - 3 days w/ out a charger :\
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    ive gotten 3 days on mine before, but that was only because my girlfriend was out of town, so i had nobody to text. so i basically didn't use it at all. there is no way people are getting that much and actually using the phone
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB

Re: My Battery Life - your thoughts

I get an average of 12 to 16 hours per a day with moderate to heavy use and the screen on full brightness. I dont play games on it at all though. Only use apps and text and call. Also use the browser. Pretty much I do everything besides play games.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    are any of you using battery saver things like the apolo task killer? THat apolllo thing (i think ) was killing my battery life.. I just need to know how you folks are doing this.. I have to charge mine after about 6 hours and I do very little browsing, SOME music playing out of the music colder, NO nav, minimal texting and medium phone use and facebook.. Please help me reach 12 hours.. Even 8?!?! Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links