DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for those who carry Droid in their pocket

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    I looked at the clip at the Verizon store and although it says to face the screen inwards, it also fits facing outwards. The top clip is hinged, so it flexes back to slide the phone in place. I think they just say face it inward to keep customers from damaging the screen when worn on the belt. I had a clip for my Dare that was the same way and always had it facing outward and clipped inside my pocket. Never any problems.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    I am a "droid lives in my front left pocket" guy also. I started off using a suede-like sleeve (came with my 30gb zune) but any sort of case/sleeve always ends up being too much of a hastle for me. All my phones have lived in my pocket without ill effects. No screen protector for me, but then again I don't put anything else in there like john does.. not too big for me, though I think it would be if it had any type of case on it
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by RichStevenson View Post
    I looked at the clip at the Verizon store and although it says to face the screen inwards, it also fits facing outwards. The top clip is hinged, so it flexes back to slide the phone in place. I think they just say face it inward to keep customers from damaging the screen when worn on the belt. I had a clip for my Dare that was the same way and always had it facing outward and clipped inside my pocket. Never any problems.
    Ah, so the phone will still physically fit in the hoslter then... got it. The phone will be clipped to my pocket with the screen side resting against my leg. Like others, I feel out of place without a phone in my right front pocket (if it's not there I will constantly be wondering where it is, haha).

I don't keep anything else in that pocket so there should be no problems with scratches, etc. Kind of mad that I ordered the body glove case but if I don't like that I'll return it for the regular hoslster.

Thanks for the responses... this forum is awesome. I get my droid tomorrow and will be all up in this thing from then on.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    the clip your talking about that makes the phone screen face the inside is nice. the reason is to protect the screen from bumping into things an what not. if you have the phone on vibrate you can feel it really good on your hip, where as if you have it in your pocket you can never tell. when im at work i use the clip for the belt, when i go out to the bars or parties i also have a clear snap on 2 piece cover, works really well. but no i cant tell its in my pocket. cigarettes are more uncomfortable in my pocket then the droid. hope that helps ya
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I keep it in my pocket with the Body Glove on it. No Issues, I have big pockets.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    You wouldn't know it from looking at the device, but the Droid is almost exactly the same size as an iPhone 3GS!

iPhone:

Height: 115.5 mm
    Width: 62.1 mm
    Thickness: 12.3 mm

Droid:

Height: 116.8
    Width: 61
    Thickness: 12.7

So, the Droid is thicker then the iPhone by point 4mm, or 0.0157 inches! That's slightly more then one HUNDRETH of an inch thicker then the iPhone. It's also narrower then the iPhone, and only 0.05 inches taller!

I'm using an iPhone case made by Sena, and keep my Droid in my pants.... pocket.

NO problems!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The DROID
    I never carry my Droid in my pocket, a thin piece of material (pants) doesn't seem like good protection, especially for a GLASS screen. Leaning, resting and carrying things always focuses on that area of the leg, the LAP.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoneGuy View Post
    I never carry my Droid in my pocket, a thin piece of material (pants) doesn't seem like good protection, especially for a GLASS screen. Leaning, resting and carrying things always focuses on that area of the leg, the LAP.

It's called being aware of your surroundings....

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

... and that never works at any/every given moment, and then you'll say... OH ****, AND PRAY. Carrying anything glass in your pocket is like sleeping with a rattle snake.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

... and that never works at any/every given moment, and then you'll say... OH ****, AND PRAY. Carrying anything glass in your pocket is like sleeping with a rattle snake.

I see your point, Guess I'm more careful since I OC and CC most of the time. Not a good idea to be bumping into things while armed....

Only the Skilled Survive

1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links