DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Retail droids could possibly ship with faulty cameras

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Sounds like we'll all have to wait for the software update. Will this be downloadable through About Phone > System Updates, I'm hoping?
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    773-262-1903
    Mine takes in-focus pictures even when the bars don't turn green. I think I've read this thread, but has anyone mentioned that you should press the camera key halfway down to engage the autofocus, and then snap? My pictures all seem clear if I do that, regardless of the bar color.

Mine also clicks.
    Member #
    I am sure the update will happen automatically at some point but you will probably be able to apply the update manually before it is released as an automatic update.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Mine takes in-focus pictures even when the bars don't turn green. I think I've read this thread, but has anyone mentioned that you should press the camera key halfway down to engage the autofocus, and then snap? My pictures all seem clear if I do that, regardless of the bar color.

Mine also clicks.
    Cant speak for everyone, but I believe the vast majority of digital cameras have been that way for quite awhile now so its a given about half click for auto focus and only way your gonna get the red or green.

Having 2 droids at my disposal ( myself and my son ) I can say that there is indeed a difference between the green and red autofocus pictures, his goes green np, mine....red.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Mine is definitely having the auto-focus problem. However I do not find this worthy of returning my Droid right now with the chance of receiving another faulty camera.

I am going to report it to Verizon so they know I had the problem then wait for the official word on whether it is a software/hardware issue. If the problem goes away in a couple of weeks when the new batch comes out then I will exchange it.

Everything else seems to be working well so I am happy for now.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    GAH! Not only does mine have the beeping and clicking noises but it also for some reason wont pick up any light until the picture is taken, with flash. So i cant really see what is on the camera until ive already clicked and gotten a terribly focused picture. I REALLY hope this gets fixed asap.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Mine will focus correctly about 1/2 the time, seems to be some kind of software issue; not a reason to go exchange the device.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Hey I have a droid that clicks, and the little corners turn green, unlike the ones in the video. I think that means mine is ok but its The default camera app makes it hard to get good pictures with. Camera Magic works ok, but if you put steady photo in photo mode settings its ok. I think and hope that its software issue.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by KukiKid View Post
    Hey I have a droid that clicks, and the little corners turn green, unlike the ones in the video. I think that means mine is ok but its The default camera app makes it hard to get good pictures with. Camera Magic works ok, but if you put steady photo in photo mode settings its ok. I think and hope that its software issue.
    It was confirmed a while back that it IS a software issue, in fact it was resolved some time ago as well
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Links