DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: View PDF

  1. Junior Droid
    mikeman's Avatar
    Member #
    50115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    #1

    View PDF

    Hi, just recently got the Droid when my Voyager took a wine bath. So far I am in love with the phone and the forums and everything on here has been very helpful.

    As of right now I am trying to see what comes stock with the phone. Before I get flamed for not searching I did perform a quick search on the above topic of viewing PDF files on these forums and I came up with nothing.

    I see on the Motorola site that we can view PDF files but I am not sure with which program. I wanted to throw on a couple of files while my phone is mounted that I quick reference all the time and I am not sure which directory would be best suited for handling this.

    Any help is greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance if I hastily created this new thread when there is already an existing one.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    matrix660's Avatar
    Member #
    42570
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    My droid had two pdf viewers installed that I don't recall installing myself. By default, I open my pdf files with quick office. If you are looking for something that will edit and create word, excel, and pdf files you might want to check out documents to go. I believe that it goes for $10 in the market. When I copy any files from my computer to my droid, I usually just drop it into my downloads folder on the sd card.
  4. Master Droid
    allikanbe's Avatar
    Member #
    8613
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Posts
    323
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
    Hi, just recently got the Droid when my Voyager took a wine bath. So far I am in love with the phone and the forums and everything on here has been very helpful.

    As of right now I am trying to see what comes stock with the phone. Before I get flamed for not searching I did perform a quick search on the above topic of viewing PDF files on these forums and I came up with nothing.

    I see on the Motorola site that we can view PDF files but I am not sure with which program. I wanted to throw on a couple of files while my phone is mounted that I quick reference all the time and I am not sure which directory would be best suited for handling this.

    Any help is greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance if I hastily created this new thread when there is already an existing one.
    If you email yourself one of the pdf files, you can click on it and open it with Quick Office. I believe the app came with the droid. I also bought Documents to go for $10. I can edit msword, power point, excel with it.
  5. Junior Droid
    mikeman's Avatar
    Member #
    50115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    #4
    So there is no way to file transfer a pdf by mounting it to your computer?
  6. Junior Droid
    matrix660's Avatar
    Member #
    42570
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    You can mount the sd card as a drive on your computer and browse for the downloads folder and drag and drop the files into there.
  7. Junior Droid
    mikeman's Avatar
    Member #
    50115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    #6
    Ok so I sent myself 3 different PDF files and QuickPDF all said that it was unable to open them as they may not be valid PDF files?

    Secondly, I dropped a different PDF into the downloads folder.. How do I navigate to where the downloads are stored on the phone?
  8. Nice Guy
    aaf709's Avatar
    Member #
    6126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,181
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #7
    In addition to Documents To Go, there is also Beamreader and Repligo. Those have free versions. I have the manual as a PDF on my Droid.
  9. Junior Droid
    mikeman's Avatar
    Member #
    50115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    #8
    QuickPDF also gave me an error trying to read the Motorola Droid PDF file that was linked in one of the threads on this forum. Anyone else have as much trouble as me?
  10. Senior Droid
    choklitcow's Avatar
    Member #
    30716
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/G-Nex
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

    Secondly, I dropped a different PDF into the downloads folder.. How do I navigate to where the downloads are stored on the phone?
    Astro File manager.
  11. Junior Droid
    mikeman's Avatar
    Member #
    50115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    In addition to Documents To Go, there is also Beamreader and Repligo. Those have free versions. I have the manual as a PDF on my Droid.
    Thanks. Do you have a preference on either Beamreader or Repligo? I am not going to do much if any editing from the phone but I would love to use it for viewing. I dled Beamreader and that did the trick.. it opened the files that QuickPDF wouldn't.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Call Log View
    By LtKen in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
  2. Calendar View
    By sgm-co in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 12:35 PM
  3. Email view
    By Currinson in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 08:56 AM
  4. Google Maps..how to get Street View and Bird's Eye View?
    By spyder560 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 03:17 AM
  5. Pinching a view
    By msb in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 05:52 PM

Search tags for this page

android not a valid pdf document
,

android not a valid pdf file

,
how to view pdf files on droid x2
,
need to read pdf files on my droid x2
,

not a valid pdf android

,

not a valid pdf document android

,

not a valid pdf file android

,
pdf storage on android
,
where are my pdf files stored on motorola droid
,

where are pdf files stored on android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+