DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: View PDF

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

View PDF

Hi, just recently got the Droid when my Voyager took a wine bath. So far I am in love with the phone and the forums and everything on here has been very helpful.

As of right now I am trying to see what comes stock with the phone. Before I get flamed for not searching I did perform a quick search on the above topic of viewing PDF files on these forums and I came up with nothing.

I see on the Motorola site that we can view PDF files but I am not sure with which program. I wanted to throw on a couple of files while my phone is mounted that I quick reference all the time and I am not sure which directory would be best suited for handling this.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance if I hastily created this new thread when there is already an existing one.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    My droid had two pdf viewers installed that I don't recall installing myself. By default, I open my pdf files with quick office. If you are looking for something that will edit and create word, excel, and pdf files you might want to check out documents to go. I believe that it goes for $10 in the market. When I copy any files from my computer to my droid, I usually just drop it into my downloads folder on the sd card.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
    Hi, just recently got the Droid when my Voyager took a wine bath. So far I am in love with the phone and the forums and everything on here has been very helpful.

As of right now I am trying to see what comes stock with the phone. Before I get flamed for not searching I did perform a quick search on the above topic of viewing PDF files on these forums and I came up with nothing.

I see on the Motorola site that we can view PDF files but I am not sure with which program. I wanted to throw on a couple of files while my phone is mounted that I quick reference all the time and I am not sure which directory would be best suited for handling this.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance if I hastily created this new thread when there is already an existing one.
    If you email yourself one of the pdf files, you can click on it and open it with Quick Office. I believe the app came with the droid. I also bought Documents to go for $10. I can edit msword, power point, excel with it.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    So there is no way to file transfer a pdf by mounting it to your computer?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    You can mount the sd card as a drive on your computer and browse for the downloads folder and drag and drop the files into there.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Ok so I sent myself 3 different PDF files and QuickPDF all said that it was unable to open them as they may not be valid PDF files?

Secondly, I dropped a different PDF into the downloads folder.. How do I navigate to where the downloads are stored on the phone?
  8. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    In addition to Documents To Go, there is also Beamreader and Repligo. Those have free versions. I have the manual as a PDF on my Droid.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    QuickPDF also gave me an error trying to read the Motorola Droid PDF file that was linked in one of the threads on this forum. Anyone else have as much trouble as me?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

Secondly, I dropped a different PDF into the downloads folder.. How do I navigate to where the downloads are stored on the phone?
    Astro File manager.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    In addition to Documents To Go, there is also Beamreader and Repligo. Those have free versions. I have the manual as a PDF on my Droid.
    Thanks. Do you have a preference on either Beamreader or Repligo? I am not going to do much if any editing from the phone but I would love to use it for viewing. I dled Beamreader and that did the trick.. it opened the files that QuickPDF wouldn't.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links