DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOLY CRAP - that's ENDURANCE!!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America, USA, Ohio
    Phone
    Droid RAZR (rooted ICS)

Talking HOLY CRAP - that's ENDURANCE!!!

Props to Motorola/Google for making such a tough phone!

I was working on hooking up my sound system to my car and I had to take a picture of the under-side of an amp to hook the wires to it (since it was mounted to a speaker box I didn't want to unmount it to hook up the wires - so taking a pic was the next best thing). .....

Anyway, to make a long story short, once everything was finally hooked up, I slammed my trunk shut - well not entirely. It wouldn't close all the way b/c my DROID was still sitting on the edge of the trunk, on the right edge. Well, needless to say I had a mini-freakout, but looking again, my DROID seemed unscathed. I looked at the screen - unscratched/uncracked. I picked it up, expecting to see it bent somehow, or cracked or even 'stressed' seams in the plastic - shiny black and not a scratch. I gingerly touched the screen, thinking I had completely damaged the sensitivity - everything responds as if it never happened!

AND! All this w/o any screen protector or carrying case (though I am still going to purchase one here in the near future).

w00t! w00t!

2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Damn!! I'm going out to slam the trunk lid on mine to see if it's that tough too!!

Well, maybe I'll just take your word for this one.

So, did it hurt your trunk lid??
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Decepticon
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    WOW!! my heart sunk just reading that...

thanks for sharing.. i think ill still try to keep my droid out of harms way as much as possible haha
    Phones:
    HTC Thunderbolt - Root MikROMS The Perfect Storm ROM
    MOTO DROiD - Root CM7 RC2 OC ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv

my motto... "If it ain't broken... Fix it till it is"
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    @brandenstaack
    Phone
    gnexus
    kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to ***** look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day
    Last edited by Backnblack; 03-10-2010 at 04:19 AM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America, USA, Ohio
    Phone
    Droid RAZR (rooted ICS)
    LOL @ Bayouflyfisher - no the lid barely escaped being mangled, but otherwise is fine
    Last edited by Sp4rxx; 03-09-2010 at 05:17 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy520 View Post
    kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to fcuking look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day
    I feel your pain, my phone has been mint for so long. Then the day before yesterday, it was in my lap and I stood up, and it fell right on the the concrete. Got a little scuff on the top left rear of it.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4rxx View Post
    Props to Motorola/Google for making such a tough phone!

I was working on hooking up my sound system to my car and I had to take a picture of the under-side of an amp to hook the wires to it (since it was mounted to a speaker box I didn't want to unmount it to hook up the wires - so taking a pic was the next best thing). .....

Anyway, to make a long story short, once everything was finally hooked up, I slammed my trunk shut - well not entirely. It wouldn't close all the way b/c my DROID was still sitting on the edge of the trunk, on the right edge. Well, needless to say I had a mini-freakout, but looking again, my DROID seemed unscathed. I looked at the screen - unscratched/uncracked. I picked it up, expecting to see it bent somehow, or cracked or even 'stressed' seams in the plastic - shiny black and not a scratch. I gingerly touched the screen, thinking I had completely damaged the sensitivity - everything responds as if it never happened!

AND! All this w/o any screen protector or carrying case (though I am still going to purchase one here in the near future).

w00t! w00t!

Pics please!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    @brandenstaack
    Phone
    gnexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to fcuking look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day
    I feel your pain, my phone has been mint for so long. Then the day before yesterday, it was in my lap and I stood up, and it fell right on the the concrete. Got a little scuff on the top left rear of it.
    now i know what it feels like to be a parent and your kid gets hurt
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    now i know what it feels like to be a parent and your kid gets hurt
    Now THAT's funny!

Sp4rxx - you need to go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Good to know these babies are tough. I'm just glad I didn't have to find out that way. :-)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links