DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: HOLY CRAP - that's ENDURANCE!!!

  1. Junior Droid
    Sp4rxx's Avatar
    Member #
    43862
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America, USA, Ohio
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Droid RAZR (rooted ICS)
    #1

    Talking HOLY CRAP - that's ENDURANCE!!!

    Props to Motorola/Google for making such a tough phone!

    I was working on hooking up my sound system to my car and I had to take a picture of the under-side of an amp to hook the wires to it (since it was mounted to a speaker box I didn't want to unmount it to hook up the wires - so taking a pic was the next best thing). .....

    Anyway, to make a long story short, once everything was finally hooked up, I slammed my trunk shut - well not entirely. It wouldn't close all the way b/c my DROID was still sitting on the edge of the trunk, on the right edge. Well, needless to say I had a mini-freakout, but looking again, my DROID seemed unscathed. I looked at the screen - unscratched/uncracked. I picked it up, expecting to see it bent somehow, or cracked or even 'stressed' seams in the plastic - shiny black and not a scratch. I gingerly touched the screen, thinking I had completely damaged the sensitivity - everything responds as if it never happened!

    AND! All this w/o any screen protector or carrying case (though I am still going to purchase one here in the near future).

    w00t! w00t!

  2. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #2
    Damn!! I'm going out to slam the trunk lid on mine to see if it's that tough too!!

    Well, maybe I'll just take your word for this one.

    So, did it hurt your trunk lid??
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Decepticon
    starscream's Avatar
    Member #
    43264
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    317
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    #3
    WOW!! my heart sunk just reading that...

    thanks for sharing.. i think ill still try to keep my droid out of harms way as much as possible haha
    Phones:
    HTC Thunderbolt - Root MikROMS The Perfect Storm ROM
    MOTO DROiD - Root CM7 RC2 OC ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv

    my motto... "If it ain't broken... Fix it till it is"
  4. Master Droid
    hondaguy520's Avatar
    Member #
    21014
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sw florida
    Posts
    277
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    @brandenstaack
    Phone
    gnexus
    #4
    kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to ***** look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day
    Last edited by Backnblack; 03-10-2010 at 04:19 AM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Sp4rxx's Avatar
    Member #
    43862
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America, USA, Ohio
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Droid RAZR (rooted ICS)
    #5
    LOL @ Bayouflyfisher - no the lid barely escaped being mangled, but otherwise is fine
    Last edited by Sp4rxx; 03-09-2010 at 05:17 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    JCo352's Avatar
    Member #
    36721
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,830
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy520 View Post
    kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to fcuking look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day
    I feel your pain, my phone has been mint for so long. Then the day before yesterday, it was in my lap and I stood up, and it fell right on the the concrete. Got a little scuff on the top left rear of it.
  7. Senior Droid
    droid d'oh's Avatar
    Member #
    12962
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    224
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4rxx View Post
    Props to Motorola/Google for making such a tough phone!

    I was working on hooking up my sound system to my car and I had to take a picture of the under-side of an amp to hook the wires to it (since it was mounted to a speaker box I didn't want to unmount it to hook up the wires - so taking a pic was the next best thing). .....

    Anyway, to make a long story short, once everything was finally hooked up, I slammed my trunk shut - well not entirely. It wouldn't close all the way b/c my DROID was still sitting on the edge of the trunk, on the right edge. Well, needless to say I had a mini-freakout, but looking again, my DROID seemed unscathed. I looked at the screen - unscratched/uncracked. I picked it up, expecting to see it bent somehow, or cracked or even 'stressed' seams in the plastic - shiny black and not a scratch. I gingerly touched the screen, thinking I had completely damaged the sensitivity - everything responds as if it never happened!

    AND! All this w/o any screen protector or carrying case (though I am still going to purchase one here in the near future).

    w00t! w00t!

    Pics please!
  8. Master Droid
    hondaguy520's Avatar
    Member #
    21014
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sw florida
    Posts
    277
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    @brandenstaack
    Phone
    gnexus
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy520 View Post
    kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to fcuking look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day
    I feel your pain, my phone has been mint for so long. Then the day before yesterday, it was in my lap and I stood up, and it fell right on the the concrete. Got a little scuff on the top left rear of it.
    now i know what it feels like to be a parent and your kid gets hurt
  9. Droid Ninja
    AnneDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,405
    Phone
    DROID
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy520 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy520 View Post
    kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to fcuking look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day
    I feel your pain, my phone has been mint for so long. Then the day before yesterday, it was in my lap and I stood up, and it fell right on the the concrete. Got a little scuff on the top left rear of it.
    now i know what it feels like to be a parent and your kid gets hurt
    Now THAT's funny!

    Sp4rxx - you need to go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket!
  10. Droid
    jsmcdon1's Avatar
    Member #
    34480
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cameron Park, Ca
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Good to know these babies are tough. I'm just glad I didn't have to find out that way. :-)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Holy cow...I just tried Swype
    By loop4zil in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 10:13 AM
  2. Holy Crap! 8.8 Earthquake in Chile
    By cyber3d in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 06:43 AM
  3. ohh crap!
    By jigsawkilr in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 02:21 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 03:01 PM

Search tags for this page

dented my android
,

droid endurance

,
droid-endurance
,

motorola droid endurance

,
motorola endurance phone
,
sharpie screen
,
verizon endurance
,
www.droidendurance
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+