DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Realtors Using The Droid?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #

Any Realtors Using The Droid?

I am a real estate agent, and am considering the Droid. Are there any Realtors out there using the Droid? How do you like it? What does/does not work for you?

Thank you!

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I'm not a realtor, but might I ask what you're interested in doing with the phone? And what phone you're currently using? What do you like/dislike about it? What were you hoping to get from the droid? We might be able to offer some 'non-realtor but other businesses' input.
    Last edited by LtKen; 03-08-2010 at 04:04 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hi, welcome to DroidForums....

I'm certainly no realtor; however, I read your post and jumped onto Andro Lib (which is an online version of the Android apps Market) to see if there were any real estate related apps...

I found these results (click this link)>>>> realtor | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games

Not sure if those help you make your decision or not, but at least you now know that you can browse all the available apps in the Android Market to see what you can add to your Droid.

Good luck in making your decision! I love my Droid.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I am not a realtor, but I work in the industry. I bought the phone for the GPS and I have been impressed with using it to get to properties. I work primarily in a newer area. I used to have to find 30-40 % of addresses in Google anyway because my stand alone GPS would not. Now I can put the property address in my Outlook calendar or even copy and paste a web page from the property listing in the calendar on my desk top for the day/time I need to be there. I open the date on my phone, press the address link, GPS pops up and away I go.
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid
    I have been using Sawbuck.com while I'm looking for a house. It's a new website and works great while on the road searching. I'm not a realtor but I've found the properties are updated pretty quickly with MLS and MRIS
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Thanks for the responses.....My blackberry curve does all that I need it to do. I have my email always available, full detailed contacts, calendar, appointment reminders, and the internet with me at all times. I can take a call while waiting in line at starbucks, look up a home on the MLS, set up a showing, and email my client before I get my coffee if the line is 5+ cars long. The problems are that the BB is a bit pokey (att), and the screen is so damn small. I need a more robust mobile device. I need a better device for internet use, taking and viewing pictures, and looking over docs (does the droid do PDF files?). My main concern today is with contact management. I am an outlook junkie, and use gmail only for times when I dont want to start off with my main email address. Gmail is comparable to outlook express 1.0 on training wheels. I have heard rumors about apps or even the next version of the android OS working with standalone Outlook. I am wondering if there is a good alternative for Contact management or a work around for working with Outlook.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Yes Droid does .pdfs.

My wife is a realtor. And here in FL they are about to release an MLS App for the Android OS. :-)
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid
    If you are attached to Outlook then rethink android. Take a test drive before you buy. Email and calendars are nothing like BB.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    You'll really need a 3rd party app for Outlook syncing. Exchange syncing, on the other hand, is great IMO.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Outlook to Droid

How is that information getting from Outlook on your desktop to your Droid?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links