DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: email keeps downloading

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

email keeps downloading

OK, I have MSN mail and everytime I open email it keeps downloading old emails. I only want to read NEW emails, not emails from last August. How can I get the thing to stop downloading all my old email and just download new emails. Went to the Verizon store, they said I have to leave the phone? WTF?

Anyone know how to fix this?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had same problem with my comcast email...

Did you know you can merge any email address with your Gmail account?

I just learned this, and its pretty cool...

Log into your Gmail acct on PC, and you will see a option to merge other email accts. It keeps it all seporate with a different color tag for your MSN mail. And wont keep downloading... Oh, The email will come istantly, instead of polling every 5 mins or what ever you have it set for...

-ern
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Yes I knew that, BUT that will NOT stop the damn downloads, it will just sends them to G mail!

The question, again, how do you stop the droid server from continuously download old emails still in your master account.

Would also like to know why you can not delete emails on phone and server, BB lets you, what Verizon and Google can figure out how to do this?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
    Yes I knew that, BUT that will NOT stop the damn downloads, it will just sends them to G mail!

The question, again, how do you stop the droid server from continuously download old emails still in your master account.

Would also like to know why you can not delete emails on phone and server, BB lets you, what Verizon and Google can figure out how to do this?
    What Droid Server? I delete e-mails from GMail and my other mail all the time.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    this problem is pissing me off too...my phone keeps notifying all night long given I'm to lazy to get up and turn my phone to vibrate, if anyone knows how and what the hell this is please let us know
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Having same problem here with my sbcglobal account.

Phone decided to notify me of old emails at 0200 and 0400 this morning..

My wife told me "I hate your f#$%ing new phone" this morning.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemp View Post

He is saying that if you setup your other email to froward to the gmail account, that you can use only the gmail account on the phone, and this will solve your problem.

The issue is probably because your email does not support the correct protocols (its probably using like POP3).

The idea here is to use only the gmail account on your phone, but have your other emails sent through your gmail account. This will allow the gmail account to manage all your messages and properly sync them with your phone.

Other email --> Send email to GMail account --> Gmail account sends email to phone.

Not all email providers will offer the needed features to forward your mail to another account. I know that hotmail only lets you forward to another account if you pay for their premium/paid email service.

Ultimately this is why I use GMail to begin with. Its pretty much the best free email service out there. You get a lot more features that other providers charge money for.

Find a way to transfer your emails to a GMail account, or just use your GMail account for email. I don't have much experience with using third party email services with this phone, but I believe you need IMAP or PUSH protocol support to avoid the issues you are describing, so you either forward it to an email provider that supports the features (like gmail) or just start over with a gmail account for your email.

hotmail/msn can forward emails to gmail, but your gunna have to pay microsoft for that feature because they are greedy bastards. Hope this helps you determine how to get your email working right.
    Last edited by SwordOfWar; 11-15-2009 at 12:53 PM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Just forwarded my account to gmail and removed the source email from phone. Thanks for the tip.
    Now if I can just figure out how to get my comp[anies secure exchange server email to my phone....
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by RTracer View Post
    Just forwarded my account to gmail and removed the source email from phone. Thanks for the tip.
    Now if I can just figure out how to get my comp[anies secure exchange server email to my phone....
    I never used the exchange feature, but the future updates noted issues about secure exchange servers not connecting. I suppose you will have to wait for an update or find an app that supports exchange.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    He is saying that if you setup your other email to froward to the gmail account, that you can use only the gmail account on the phone, and this will solve your problem.

The issue is probably because your email does not support the correct protocols (its probably using like POP3).

The idea here is to use only the gmail account on your phone, but have your other emails sent through your gmail account. This will allow the gmail account to manage all your messages and properly sync them with your phone.

Other email --> Send email to GMail account --> Gmail account sends email to phone.

Not all email providers will offer the needed features to forward your mail to another account. I know that hotmail only lets you forward to another account if you pay for their premium/paid email service.

Ultimately this is why I use GMail to begin with. Its pretty much the best free email service out there. You get a lot more features that other providers charge money for.

Find a way to transfer your emails to a GMail account, or just use your GMail account for email. I don't have much experience with using third party email services with this phone, but I believe you need IMAP or PUSH protocol support to avoid the issues you are describing, so you either forward it to an email provider that supports the features (like gmail) or just start over with a gmail account for your email.

hotmail/msn can forward emails to gmail, but your gunna have to pay microsoft for that feature because they are greedy bastards. Hope this helps you determine how to get your email working right.

Last edited by SwordOfWar; Today at 01:53 PM.

Sounds great it does NOT work. I am getting all my g mail history downloaded to.

So thanks, but this does NOT WORK.

Got any other ideas?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links