DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to iPhone 3Gs? Lack of updates

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX

Back to iPhone 3Gs? Lack of updates

I'm starting to consider going back to iPhone, but I'm wondering if I should wait a little longer or what. I've had my Droid since like November and there hasnt been an update yet. I'm running the latest version...

Anyone have any ideas on iPhone 4G coming to Verizon or not? I'd hate to get an iPhone and end up seeing 4G come out. This is a great phone no doubt, but sometimes I get crashed apps, or I'm pulling over to wait on my GPS.

What do you all think?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    In four months when Apple does not release an update you'll leave them too? Btw, there has been an update. 2.0 > 2.0.1
    Erik
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by texasPI View Post
    In four months when Apple does not release an update you'll leave them too? Btw, there has been an update. 2.0 > 2.0.1
    That's not what I asked. And I have the latest version
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Just sit it out and wait. 2.1 should be rolling out soon...so I've read?? The Droid still smokes the iPhone on many levels.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    My thoughts are that there's always something better coming around the corner, or is there? Do what you you want or feel is the best move for you.

There's plenty of rumor threads here that can educate you on which way to go.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Really? After all the customization that you get with the Droid? All the games, all the apps, the wallpapers, youre just going back?

Man, truthfully Id say go ahead because I dont think this update is changing much and you might be expecting something groundbreaking.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    yeah i really like the phone, but i'd love to see at least one update some bug fixes.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Really? After all the customization that you get with the Droid? All the games, all the apps, the wallpapers, youre just going back?

Man, truthfully Id say go ahead because I dont think this update is changing much and you might be expecting something groundbreaking.
    thats true though. i like the phone, but there's a few things that can get annoying and frustrating... just seems like nothing's gonna get done about it
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Really, cuz what does an iphone offer that is better then a rooted o/c droid. And If you root you get to play with all the 2.1 goodies any way. I have had live wall paper, 5 to 7 screens, wifi tethering. Pinch to zoom browser on the native browser. A faster phone. And so much more. I say stop crying and make something happen for your self. There is just too many resources for some one to be crying about an update. Now if you want help we will help, if you just want an iphone then make the move. I had the iphone; it was a good phone and my bro and pops have one. But I would not trade my rooted droid for an iphone.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    Really, cuz what does an iphone offer that is better then a rooted o/c droid. And If you root you get to play with all the 2.1 goodies any way. I have had live wall paper, 5 to 7 screens, wifi tethering. Pinch to zoom browser on the native browser. A faster phone. And so much more. I say stop crying and make something happen for your self. There is just too many resources for some one to be crying about an update. Now if you want help we will help, if you just want an iphone then make the move. I had the iphone; it was a good phone and my bro and pops have one. But I would not trade my rooted droid for an iphone.
    figures, the typical droidforums user. thats not crying, thats a small complaint and simple question for opinion, "lack of updates" is not crying. im not saying this phone sucks it doesnt have all the updates, etc... why cant you people just post positive advice instead of wasting time starting arguments... anyways, does rooting the droid to 2.1 have a working GPS? i've heard problems with it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links