My phone got HOT as hell yesterday while charging it. I don't mean warm.. I mean HOT. My power manager said OVHT which obviously means OVERHEAT... the screen was very hot as well. It was charging for about an hour and a half before I noticed and the battery only said 15% when normally it should say somewehre around 80% in that time... anybody else experience this?
I'm going to go exchange my phone ASAP for another Droid... I probably just got a "lemon". I'm writing this because it was fine for almost a full week and honestly.. it's a fire hazard... if it had been plugged in for longer, who knows how hot it would have gotten. Basically, at least for the next week or so, don't leave the house with your phone charging, i'd make sure it doesn't do what mine did for a week or 2 before trusting it.
NOTE: To explain the degree of heat... kind of like the metal part of a seatbelt in a car that's been in the sun for several hours... it almost hurts but not quite. It would make an infant cry.