DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: The Camera SUCKS...

  1. Master Droid
    slinky's Avatar
    Member #
    42323
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    627
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziffy View Post
    I am sorry if my reply came off as complaining. I can try to explain it, and possibly later I can post some pics. For example, the image size is 2592x1936 on a 5mp picture, however when you take a picture holding the camera vertically the size is always smaller. I have one that is actually 864x656! I never changed my settings, so I guess I am wondering if this happens to anybody else.
    Weird. Check the settings. Make sure 5MP i checked in the camera.
  2. Master Droid
    slinky's Avatar
    Member #
    42323
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    627
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by droidtom View Post
    I do hate that so many of the threads are now coming across sounding like complaining which reminds me of crackberry, but in this case, he does have a point. I too had a BB Storm though mine was gen 1. The single LED flas on that thing was SUPER bright and the camera was awesome. You can tell how bright the flash is by switching it to video mode and going in a dark room. The BB one would light up the room well. It made nightime photos work well. I do think there's a hardware limitation here and it's probably somewhat of a limitation of the thickness of the back chassis since we have the slide out. But, I'm about to download the app you guys are suggesting to see if it makes a difference. There were updates with BB that did cause the camera to work differently so I had been holding out for 2.1 to see if the camera implementation was better. But, I'm bored of waiting and would love for the camera to work better.
    The complaints are 100% justified. The flash is so bright in the center that you can see the gradation all across your image when it fires. The center will be overexposed and sides underexposed. I just wonder if anyone at Motorola bothered to test the camera, despite giving it a lot of features in the software.

    Additionally, I don't care if I have 450 different settings for type of light - why didn't they have a focus point on the camera? Totally ridiculous. So if you have objects at different distances, the camera plays havoc trying to focus on one object (hopefully the right one) and blurring everything else.

    My 3MP iPhone camera was better but always too dark. This one just is poor on the focus because of the software and hope that some focusing commands in software will take care of problems.
  3. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #23
    Other than low light pictures, my Droid caamera works great. Crisp and clear with no issues focusing.
  4. Master Droid
    gentlefury's Avatar
    Member #
    20283
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    443
    Phone
    Droid
    #24
    Picasa Web Albums - Richard - Vasquez Rocks...

    Picasa Web Albums - Richard - agua dulce vi...

    I took all of these pics with my droid using Vignette app.
  5. Master Droid
    slinky's Avatar
    Member #
    42323
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    627
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Other than low light pictures, my Droid caamera works great. Crisp and clear with no issues focusing.
    Good for you. Unfortunately this is written up in almost every review and I found it consistent. On the phone the pictures look reasonably good but when you see them on your PC you can see just how unfocused they really are. The flash though... yikes.

    Thanks for the pictures gentlefury. These are all outdoor and optimum lighting and the pictures still aren't that impressive although some are quite good. Some of them are nice but so many are very blurry on top, bottom, etc. The colors are also somewhat washed out or so it seems. At times the pictures are sharp - some of the animals and pictures of mountains look very good. The problem is consistency and a reasonably good shot. If I showed you my 3GS camera pictures at 3MP you'd be shocked. My brother's Blackberry 3MP Tour also takes more colorful and crisp pictures - I was shocked. Again, I'm hoping the software is just not taking advantage of the glass and focus. It's hard to make the girl look just nice as the Droid doesn't capture what we know it should flatter easily.
  6. Droid Newbie
    RedEyeDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    8880
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #26

    What I really want.

    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droidtom View Post
    I do hate that so many of the threads are now coming across sounding like complaining which reminds me of crackberry, but in this case, he does have a point. I too had a BB Storm though mine was gen 1. The single LED flas on that thing was SUPER bright and the camera was awesome. You can tell how bright the flash is by switching it to video mode and going in a dark room. The BB one would light up the room well. It made nightime photos work well. I do think there's a hardware limitation here and it's probably somewhat of a limitation of the thickness of the back chassis since we have the slide out. But, I'm about to download the app you guys are suggesting to see if it makes a difference. There were updates with BB that did cause the camera to work differently so I had been holding out for 2.1 to see if the camera implementation was better. But, I'm bored of waiting and would love for the camera to work better.
    The complaints are 100% justified. The flash is so bright in the center that you can see the gradation all across your image when it fires. The center will be overexposed and sides underexposed. I just wonder if anyone at Motorola bothered to test the camera, despite giving it a lot of features in the software.

    Additionally, I don't care if I have 450 different settings for type of light - why didn't they have a focus point on the camera? Totally ridiculous. So if you have objects at different distances, the camera plays havoc trying to focus on one object (hopefully the right one) and blurring everything else.

    My 3MP iPhone camera was better but always too dark. This one just is poor on the focus because of the software and hope that some focusing commands in software will take care of problems.
    I have no complaints about most of the features of the camera. A "Spot" focus option would be nice, too.

    What I'm really looking for is a software upgrade that will give me a "VIVID" (higher color contrast) setting.

    Does the "PRO Zoom Camera 5X" bright/contrast setting make a difference? How much photo saving (storing) "lag" do I have to give-in to for the benefit of more vivid pictures? Does it uninstall cleanly if I decide to dump it? Thanks for any info.
  7. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEyeDroid View Post
    Does the "PRO Zoom Camera 5X" bright/contrast setting make a difference? How much photo saving (storing) "lag" do I have to give-in to for the benefit of more vivid pictures? Does it uninstall cleanly if I decide to dump it? Thanks for any info.
    Popcrowd Software Their website

    PRO Zoom Camera 5X Application For Google Android. A Better Way To Operate Your Camera A review

    I'm not a camera guy and don't know the answers. Maybe you can find them at these sites. Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  8. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Other than low light pictures, my Droid caamera works great. Crisp and clear with no issues focusing.
    Good for you. Unfortunately this is written up in almost every review and I found it consistent. On the phone the pictures look reasonably good but when you see them on your PC you can see just how unfocused they really are. The flash though... yikes.

    Thanks for the pictures gentlefury. These are all outdoor and optimum lighting and the pictures still aren't that impressive although some are quite good. Some of them are nice but so many are very blurry on top, bottom, etc. The colors are also somewhat washed out or so it seems. At times the pictures are sharp - some of the animals and pictures of mountains look very good. The problem is consistency and a reasonably good shot. If I showed you my 3GS camera pictures at 3MP you'd be shocked. My brother's Blackberry 3MP Tour also takes more colorful and crisp pictures - I was shocked. Again, I'm hoping the software is just not taking advantage of the glass and focus. It's hard to make the girl look just nice as the Droid doesn't capture what we know it should flatter easily.
    I agree 100%.. even in minimal light, you get a giant 5 mpx of a bunch of gainy stuff..I wa gonna buy other software for it, but Im not sure if its a software or hardware issue.
  9. cool username's Avatar
    Member #
    33896
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Where your C&H Sugar is made, CA.
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Droid
    #29
    the camera is the only complaint i have about the droid too...
    my LG enV took wayyy better pics than my droid. but i don't really care, its just a camera phone.

    the thing that really annoyed my was when i very first got it, the whole camera app lagged horribly. the flash would turn on and then turn off and THEN it would take the picture. and then when i clicked to look at my photos it took 20+ seconds to load.
    fortunately this only lasted about a week and now its fine... weird.
    Sounds are the most beautiful of dreams.

  10. Master Droid
    slinky's Avatar
    Member #
    42323
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    627
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Other than low light pictures, my Droid caamera works great. Crisp and clear with no issues focusing.
    Good for you. Unfortunately this is written up in almost every review and I found it consistent. On the phone the pictures look reasonably good but when you see them on your PC you can see just how unfocused they really are. The flash though... yikes.

    Thanks for the pictures gentlefury. These are all outdoor and optimum lighting and the pictures still aren't that impressive although some are quite good. Some of them are nice but so many are very blurry on top, bottom, etc. The colors are also somewhat washed out or so it seems. At times the pictures are sharp - some of the animals and pictures of mountains look very good. The problem is consistency and a reasonably good shot. If I showed you my 3GS camera pictures at 3MP you'd be shocked. My brother's Blackberry 3MP Tour also takes more colorful and crisp pictures - I was shocked. Again, I'm hoping the software is just not taking advantage of the glass and focus. It's hard to make the girl look just nice as the Droid doesn't capture what we know it should flatter easily.
    I agree 100%.. even in minimal light, you get a giant 5 mpx of a bunch of gainy stuff..I wa gonna buy other software for it, but Im not sure if its a software or hardware issue.
    I just saw a post for this: Snap Photo Pro - I don't care to post such links but anyone can Google it and it is relevant. I may buy this one because it seems to have the antishake mechanism I was talking about and key to good pictures.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. LOCKBOT PRO sucks !!!!
    By fLiP SiD3 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 06:42 AM
  2. My driod suddenly sucks.
    By Big D in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 11:02 AM
  3. My camera still sucks...what gives?
    By slammin86 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 02:52 PM
  4. The camera sucks
    By atomicwedgie in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 282
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 08:24 AM
  5. I really wanted to like it but...the KB sucks!
    By Big D in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Search tags for this page

driod x camrea sucks
,
droid 4 camera sucks
,
droid a855 camera blur issue
,
droid a855 camera crappy
,
droid camera sucks
,

droid x camera sucks

,
motorola a855 grainy photos
,
picture review time galaxy s3
,
the camera on my droid sucks
,
why is my motorola droid camera so blurry and its 5mp?
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+