DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Camera SUCKS...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I would be more interested in knowing why when I turn the camera vertically, it doesn't take 5mp shots! Also, I notice sometimes when I take a picture, even though I never changed my settings, the pictures aren't 5mp.

This seems to be a programming issue which I hope they fix in 2.1.

One more thing I would love to know, if anybody else is using the BodyGlove case, do you have an issue with the case impeding with the pictures? Meaning...when I take a picture, I have to be sure to move or remove the clip in the back so it doesn't show an imperfection in the corner of the picture. One other issue is if I am using the flash...the case is constructed in a way that it creates a fuzzy glare on the picture because the flash is reflected off the case.

Anyone??

Z
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziffy View Post
    I would be more interested in knowing why when I turn the camera vertically, it doesn't take 5mp shots! Also, I notice sometimes when I take a picture, even though I never changed my settings, the pictures aren't 5mp.

One more thing I would love to know, if anybody else is using the BodyGlove case, do you have an issue with the case impeding with the pictures? Meaning...when I take a picture, I have to be sure to move or remove the clip in the back so it doesn't show an imperfection in the corner of the picture. One other issue is if I am using the flash...the case is constructed in a way that it creates a fuzzy glare on the picture because the flash is reflected off the case.

Anyone??

Z
    Are you using Pro Zoom Camera 5X from the market?
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No, I don't use any camera apps on the phone. I would think the camera should function correctly on its own. Shouldn't it? At least take a 5mp picture if I set it to 5mp. I don't think I'm asking too much...just for it to do what it says it is going to do.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    No, I don't use any camera apps on the phone. I would think the camera should function correctly on its own. Shouldn't it? At least take a 5mp picture if I set it to 5mp. I don't think I'm asking too much...just for it to do what it says it is going to do.
    I thought you were looking for a solution. Sorry. I totally misunderstood.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Anyone??

Z
    What do you mean it doesn't take 5 MP pictures? Like the resolution is lower? Can you give us an example of the resolution of a 5 MP vs. non-5 MP picture?
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    I thought you were looking for a solution. Sorry. I totally misunderstood.
    No man, he came here to complain. Solutions. I hate it when people bring those up.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    I thought it took pretty descent pics, im not photographer though, is this a good quality pic?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Camera SUCKS...-2010-02-11-14.47.54.jpg  
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am sorry if my reply came off as complaining. I can try to explain it, and possibly later I can post some pics. For example, the image size is 2592x1936 on a 5mp picture, however when you take a picture holding the camera vertically the size is always smaller. I have one that is actually 864x656! I never changed my settings, so I guess I am wondering if this happens to anybody else.

Thanks!

Z
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I just checked all of the pictures that I have taken in the vertical orientation and all seem to be fine.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I do hate that so many of the threads are now coming across sounding like complaining which reminds me of crackberry, but in this case, he does have a point. I too had a BB Storm though mine was gen 1. The single LED flas on that thing was SUPER bright and the camera was awesome. You can tell how bright the flash is by switching it to video mode and going in a dark room. The BB one would light up the room well. It made nightime photos work well. I do think there's a hardware limitation here and it's probably somewhat of a limitation of the thickness of the back chassis since we have the slide out. But, I'm about to download the app you guys are suggesting to see if it makes a difference. There were updates with BB that did cause the camera to work differently so I had been holding out for 2.1 to see if the camera implementation was better. But, I'm bored of waiting and would love for the camera to work better.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links