Well, I did it. After getting GDE, Bettercut and the iBox icons I just couldn't live without the black notification bar. I rooted pretty much just to get the black bar lol. It was TOTALLY worth it. I had no idea all the little extra goodies DroidMod 1.0 came with like the transparent News and Weather widget from 2.1, 2.1 Music app, the Picasa gallery view etc. So now with GDE, DroidMod 1.0, Stanrc's BlackMod, etc, this phone kicks even more ass than it already did! Now I just have to decide if I want to overclock the processor. I have no issues with the speed, it already seems fast, so not sure if I want to risk shortening it's lifespan.
www.lachri.com watermark plastered across it <insert tinfoil hat here>. I have had my work turn up all over the web without permissions. Not that I mind the work being spread around, I just want to make sure people know where the art came from. Just drop me a PM and I will get one to you
The round buttons are icons I downloaded from the marketplace. They are called "Glared Icons" . You will need the bettercut or similar app installed to make those icons work.
Did you see the newer screenshot I posted (post #48) with the border around the wallpaper, and the white icons? It looks SO much better now I actually like it so much I haven't changed anything on it in a week and a half. That's a record for me!
Last edited by Rayv; 03-10-2010 at 05:17 AM.
pm sent! ok i downloaded bettercut and a couple of icon packs but i cant figure out how to replace the old icons with the new icon pack.
**edit** figured out the icons. im dumb. i also found your site, love the dog art. i am a huge dog lover.
Last edited by c_mack9; 03-10-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Nice thread, got me to clean up my Droid 2.0.1 (stock)..
Thanks to Magdroid for the 5 screen reference. I'm considering it, but holding out for 2.1 hoping that has it.
1) I see people with cool flip clocks. Any suggestions on one? I looked and didn't like what I found...must have missed it.
2) Someone had a Word of the day type thing above...I need that. Will look for it.
3) Folders look boring...any way of changing folder icons without rooting?
4) Why don't people use weather bug? Seems to be good for me!
1) Lock screen has security banner, in case I lose it....forbid! Using Owner app (free).
2) Organized my news widgets to one screen.
3) Most used stuff on main screen (of course!).
4) Showed off Car mode screen for the 2 icons on the top bar (on the regular screen normally but crowded with USB hooked up!). Check out Bar Control at the market (FREE!) to iconify your apps to the bar!
KEEP THOSE SCREENS AND TIPS GOIN!
The cool flip-clocks that you are asking about are probably from an App called Beautiful Widgets. They have skins for it, that you can look through from within the App. It's a really awsome program!
2- no idea
3- I use Apps Organizer from the market to organize my apps, and bettercut (also from the market) to change the icons that are on my screen. Bettercut wont change the icons within a folder, but it will change all of the ones that you place directly onto your screen.
4- Beautiful widgets has the weather included (well 3 days worth) and looks nicer imo than weatherbug. Basically...weatherbug didn't match my theme.