So I've had a friend's old Droid for a few months, and it's worked alright for the most part, but the other day it just decided to completely screw up.
As soon as I boot up these guys force close:
Amazon mp3 (multiple times)
google services framework
- I can make and receive calls, but neither I nor the other person can hear anything.
- I can't receive texts. Handscent lets me see the list of conversations, but if I try to view one it force closes. The stock messaging app instantly force closes.
- The phone won't recognize the SD card
- Trying to see the call log results in a force close for android.process.acore
- On the stock power management widget, the GPS button and the screen brightness button don't do anything. They highlight the borders like they're being pressed but the icon doesn't change... the rest of the buttons seem to work fine.
- I can change the screen brightness using the Quick Setting app, but as soon as I go to the home screen it goes back to full brightness.
- If I turn on wi-fi, it immediately turns back off again.
I've tried clearing the data and caches for Calendar, Calendar Storage, Contacts, Contacts storage, Gmail, and Google Services Framework multiple times, but it all seems to get reset upon rebooting, even if I turn off the auto-sync before I reboot, which also gets reset to on upon rebooting. Even if my number has been transferred to another phone, all the data for contact storage, calendar etc. re-appears after I reboot the phone.
Android version 2.2.3
Baseband version C_01.43.01P
Build number FRK76
Not rooted. I wouldn't mind starting over or maybe rooting, if only to get rid of the bloatware and get wireless tethering... I just want to save a bunch of texts I haven't backed up with Handscent. Oh, and that app will let me try to log in, but it says my login details are incorrect even though I can log in on their website.
Oh, and I might add, I didn't install any new apps or even change any settings before this started happening. Any thoughts?
I also listed which apps work or don't work, if that helps...
Doesn't work (Force closes):
Alarm clock xtreme free
digital clock widget
draw free (doesn't say force close, just closes)
Goggles - took a while authenticating then force closed
Handscent - can see the message list but force closes on looking at one of them
play store - seems to force close after it accesses my credentials
Talk - doesn't ever sign in
Voice dialer - immediately says "please try again. You can also try restarting your phone."
Youtube - "There was a problem with the network response."
camera [[works but no sd card recognized]]
music [[works - doesn't seem to play anything though]]
news & weather [[works, but can't get any weather info]]
OI file manager
Stopwatch & Timer
Tweetdeck - I can tweet from it, force closes sometimes though. (Didn't before)