DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bricked droid1

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 A855

Bricked almost for sure, please help!

Nothing out of the usual was going on, then the damn thing froze up, removed battery, booted up, again froze, repeated battery removal, blank screen. The only way to even see if the phone is on is the dim backlight that comes on when you hit the power button. It was rooted, not sure with what because my brother did it, months ago though, no issues until now. Tried the dpad thing mentioned above and nothing happened, any idea? I should have a back up of the rom on my SD card, not sure where to find it though.. Had the battery out for times varying between 2 minutes and 2 hours, nothing has helped. Cannot access bootloader or anything, just a black, dimly lit screen.

Any help greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by gjposner; 09-09-2012 at 04:09 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 A855
    I have obtained a backup of my rom from my SD card, the phone still wont work, the only way I can get it to react is to plug it into the wall charger, turn on power and d-pad up and it causes it to flash until I let go of the button. My rom was simply stunning 6.1 or at least that is what it was labeled.. It is a clockwork mod. Even tried booting without SD card installed, and it still does the same thing, so at least the issue is probably not on the SD card.. Please help if you can..
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Does the phone charge while plugged into the wall charger? And it doesn't power on while doing so? By freeze, do you mean it became unresponsive? And now the screen won't even come on?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 A855
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Does the phone charge while plugged into the wall charger? And it doesn't power on while doing so? By freeze, do you mean it became unresponsive? And now the screen won't even come on?
    The white indicator light does not come on when it is plugged in, but the phone does know it is getting 5v DC though as it will auto power-on like it would if it was working properly, however it never gets past the backlight on the phone, no Motorola logo or anything. Because the white light never stayed lit when plugging it in during my tests, I guessed it cant be charged that way and did not bother trying. Using another D1 showed my battery to be at 80% or so. When I experienced the freeze, yes it was a complete lock-up unresponsive, even to hitting and holding the power button. The only way to see the phone is responsive is when you hit the power button the screen powers on, like the backlight, nothing else happens, left it on for a few hours and still no change, thinking it might have just been testy, but no, its being a bit of a ***** right now.. Even tried removing the SD card to see if Murphy was going to be an issue, but it still had the same issues, refuses to boot into hot-loader or recovery mode and is not recognized by a computer. Thoughts?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Well, my thoughts are not good. You said your brother rooted it and installed the rom it was running. All I can think is that he set the max CPU frequency high and now the phone has gone tits up. Even if he didn't set the max frequency high, I still fear that your phone has hit the end of it's road.

I wish I had better news, but everything you say gives me this impression. It is not 'bricked' per se (as in a software problem), but the hardware has failed and it is probably unrecoverable.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 A855
    Yea, shes dead.. it was clocked to the highest at 1ghz, but never really hit it, stayed mostly in 550 to 750.. but I am guessing it may have gotten stuck on the max and kicked the bucket.. But for 65 I got one used, so I guess I am okay.. and since it is dead, I would like your alls assistance with finding good ways to kill it. I will be doing an equipment autopsy on it, to see if I can find WHY it broke, then I will probably destroy it in a wonderful way.. wither tapcon through phone from air cannon, using a Microwave Oven transformer to destroy it with high voltage, maybe hit it with a tesla coil.. maybe even see if a droid 1 blends.. I am open to all things fairly legal and will record for youtube. Feel free to comment as to what you want to see and I will try and make it happen if it is awesome enough.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Yeah, I usually just clocked mine to 800mhz. That seemed to be best all around. Mine still works.

As for the blender, considering the metal construction and gorilla glass, I think you would kill your blender before the droid, lol. Maybe just do it like the Facebook parenting for the troubled teen. Quick and simple. Bang bang bang. Done. hehe
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 A855
    Gun is too easy.. I want to draw it out longer and make it suffer.. (I am not crazy, I swear!) lol
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    Exorcist73X
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by gjposner;[URL="tel:2266151"
    2266151[/URL]]Gun is too easy.. I want to draw it out longer and make it suffer.. (I am not crazy, I swear!) lol
    LOL! I want to see the video, whenever you do destroy the phone.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 A855
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24 View Post
    LOL! I want to see the video, whenever you do destroy the phone.
    Without a doubt! Feel free to post ideas as well and if I can I will integrate them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links