DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Phone upgrade

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    And please don't bring up the camera. I'm not using my phone as a professional photographers camera.
    LOL! You say it is every bit as good as the current phones, yet you keep bringing up all these exceptions.

If given a choice, I seriously doubt you would rather have a bad camera. Lets not be hypocritical here.

The Bionic is just fine for a smartphone's camera.
    I agree. But "just fine" is not the same as "the best".

Also the headphones are a gimmick.
    The Headphones are expensive, and people are actually paying money for them. Whether or not you personally like them, that is the truth of it.

It's funny that the Rezound has to suck people in with "expensive" headphones. Who doesn't already own headphones for crying out loud?
    So therefore, it is better not to get them for free? LOL!

I have a feeling that if they came free with the Bionic instead you would not be such a sourpuss about them.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by altspeed View Post
    Yeah. I love it when people hate on the bionic, leaves more and cheaper for me.
    Why does expressing an opinion about phone hardware = hate? I am not judging your soul. I am judging a phone. Its just a phone.

And I have actually recommended the Bionic to people on here before. All things are relative. For its time, the Bionic was a good phone.
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    LOL! You say it is every bit as good as the current phones, yet you keep bringing up all these exceptions.

If given a choice, I seriously doubt you would rather have a bad camera. Lets not be hypocritical here.
    However, you are being supercritical, IMHO.

I still have a 720p HDTV. I bought it because it was inexpensive. I don't have a fit every time I go over someones house that has a 1080p TV. Quite the contrary they congratulate me on getting a great price on my TV and it looks "just as good" to them.

Its all in the eye of the beholder. And although people come in and give their recommendation, you continually berate and degrade their opinion. Sure there are facts, but generally people buy items on their or others opinions on them.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.
    mamawm likes this.

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Liquified D1/CleanICS Rezound
    Can potentially leave REAR FACING camera out of the equation because all the phones I picked can do 720p recording. But yes, I know usually cheap and good don't mix when it comes to electronic gadgets, but what can I say I am frugal when it comes to things. My main primary use is social on the go messaging & media (example: I cannot live with being able to do video on my phone) and a good frontface camera would do it in for me. That is what came out of using my wife's iPhone4 for a few days, I enjoyed it but didn't like the software. So basically looking for an equivalent so to speak or better than the iPhone 4 with an android twist. This is where I think the Dinc2 and LG Spectrum come into play for me. I know I can't count out the Bionic but with the Spectrum with a better screen over the Bionic is where I would put extra money into. I got the point though, splurge an extra $50 for a Rezound if I can. Oh and yes I would enjoy the better headphones! I LOVE music.

DIDNT MENTION, battery life is a plus but I would sacrifice if it means smoothness. Dev/custom rom/kernel support is key in this as well.
    Last edited by jrracinfan; 02-14-2012 at 08:54 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by guidot View Post
    people come in and give their recommendation, you continually berate and degrade their opinion. Sure there are facts, but generally people buy items on their or others opinions on them.
    How have I berated or degraded anyone who hasnt done so to me first? Can you give me an example?

On the contrary I am often insulted on this forum, for nothing more than expressing an opinion about a piece of technology. Am I not allowed an opinion just like everyone else?
  6. Abs
    Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I can literally feel my intelligence being sapped away as I continue to read these posts. Lets not argue like children please. After all, we are only talking about phones. You have given the original poster tons of information about the phones... now let the man have his own opinion and make his own decision.

Please kill this thread someone
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Twitter
    @LegalAmerican4
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Jeff Denver

The fact that you've spent so much of your time on Valentines Day picking apart every last statement by anyone, says more about your opinion than any of us could ever say. Thank you. We couldn't have done it without you.

Now please give the thread back to OP.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX!
  8. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    This is why we can't have nice things...

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v2 w/ Project Elite Kernel |
    | ASUS Transformer | Team EOS Nightlies |

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Liquified D1/CleanICS Rezound
    It's ok guys, I am really good about ignoring the nuissance drama that occurs . Here's the main question looking for strictly USER OPINION; how soon will the Spectrum get root/roms?

@JeffDenver

Really post 20 sums it up for me ....

Thank you.
    Last edited by jrracinfan; 02-14-2012 at 11:02 PM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    incredible
    I had the bionic for one week. I upgraded to the nexus. I couldn't stand the blueish screen. Same with the pictures. The color was just not true, nor did the display stand out. I have to look at this thing for two years, I want to like what I see. Worth every penny. Now, I gave up reception that was amazing. And incredible battery life. I miss those. Fortunately, easy root and great roms can fix that. Just haven't done it yet. Only on my third week with it.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Links