DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Phone upgrade

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrracinfan View Post
    Really wish I had $150 to swallow on a phone, it would go towards a Rezound in a heartbeat.

EDIT: What's the odds of the LG Spectrum getting root & ICS?
    ICS? Almost a certainty IMO. I would be shocked if it did not get ICS before summer.

Root? Very likely IMO.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Thank you

Ok through Amazon's Wireless store, I can go up to $50. Here's what it narrows down to:
    http://img.techpowerup.org/120212/Capture034.jpg

Looking at the Free DInc2 there.

Droid 3 on Wirefly is free and includes a hardware bundle
    http://img.techpowerup.org/120212/Capture035.jpg
    Bionic on Wirefly is $50
    http://img.techpowerup.org/120212/Capture037.jpg

Like I said, although I would LOVE to have the Rezound($159 on Amazon/$179 on Wirefly), I know I probably won't be able to afford it when the time comes in a few weeks. Out of those depicted Which ones would you go for? If the price drops quite uncontrollably on the Rezound I will definitely go that route I guess. Really REALLY liking the Droid 3 bundle right now.
    Out of those, I would get the Bionic if you held a gun to my head. Bionic > Dinc2 > Droid 3.

The real answer though: wait a month till the Rezound falls below $100 and get that instead. The worst of the current Tier 1 phones is much better than any of the phones in your quote. I think it would be worth the wait. It is NOT worth settling with one of those phones just to save $50 IMO.

(Keep in mind that people are buying those Rezound earbuds on eBay...last I saw they were going for $66 bare minimum...if you dont want them yourself you could sell them to defray the cost of the phone)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Liquified D1/CleanICS Rezound
    K so at this point then its either Spectrum or Dinc2 and if I got the money Rezound will be my first choice with Spectrum second and if I can't round up any change Dinc2. Thanks Mr. Denver.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    DNA, Bionic, Eris, zoom, A100
    While I do agree with Jeff that the prices on everything will probably drop after mwc, I disagree with him on one thing. He doesn't like the bionic at all, I on the other hand love it. Mine has been rock solid since I got it and it was my choice over both the resound and nexus. You really need to get into a Verizon and handle each phone and then decide whick way to go.

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums
    jrracinfan likes this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    K so at this point then its either Spectrum or Dinc2 and if I got the money Rezound will be my first choice with Spectrum second and if I can't round up any change Dinc2. Thanks Mr. Denver.
    No contest...take the Spectrum over the DINC2. There is nothing that the DINC2 does better than the Spectrum.

If it was me I would wait and get the Rezound. But between those two choices, the Spectrum is clearly better.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamawm View Post
    While I do agree with Jeff that the prices on everything will probably drop after mwc, I disagree with him on one thing. He doesn't like the bionic at all
    That isnt true. I have recommended the Bionic several times. I just dont think it competes with the current tier1 phones. There isnt really anything it does that they dont do as well or better.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    That isnt true. I have recommended the Bionic several times. I just dont think it competes with the current tier1 phones. There isnt really anything it does that they dont do as well or better.
    ok, that makes sense. but since he is clearly operating on a very tight budget
    , the bionic needs to be considered close, if not at, the top of his list.
    jrracinfan likes this.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    ok, that makes sense. but since he is clearly operating on a very tight budget
    , the bionic needs to be considered close, if not at, the top of his list.
    IMO, it is not worth skimping on a device you will be using heavily for the next 18 to 24 months. It is not worth it just to save $50 or even $100.

It might be different for people with deep pockets who can upgrade every 6 months. Or for people on family plans where they get access to a new upgrade every 6 months because they have 4 or 6 phones on their account. For me, I will have this phone for the full length of my contract (I had my Droid 1 a full 20 months). So this is NOT something I want to compromise on. I wont get a chance to upgrade again for a long long time unless I want to pay retail.

It sounds like the OP is in the same boat. For that reason, I think it is a mistake not to get the BEST phone possible with your upgrade. I would advise the OP against getting a cheaper phone for the next 2 years just to save $50 immediately.
    jrracinfan likes this.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    IMO, it is not worth skimping on a device you will be using heavily for the next 18 to 24 months. It is not worth it just to save $50 or even $100.

It might be different for people with deep pockets who can upgrade every 6 months. Or for people on family plans where they get access to a new upgrade every 6 months because they have 4 or 6 phones on their account. For me, I will have this phone for the full length of my contract (I had my Droid 1 a full 20 months). So this is NOT something I want to compromise on. I wont get a chance to upgrade again for a long long time unless I want to pay retail.

It sounds like the OP is in the same boat. For that reason, I think it is a mistake not to get the BEST phone possible with your upgrade. I would advise the OP against getting a cheaper phone for the next 2 years just to save $50 immediately.
    i agree with that completely and i will be living with this bionic for the next 2 years too. i just think the bionic is as good as the resound, especially since that last update, and there's just not that much difference in the bionic and razr to justify the price difference, at least for me. i certainly think it should be considered above the inc2 and d3 even though they are both really good phones.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    i agree with that completely and i will be living with this bionic for the next 2 years too. i just think the bionic is as good as the resound, especially since that last update
    Here is why I think it is not:

- Rezound has a true 720p screen with the best pixel density of any phone (and this is really the main reason I think it is better)
    - The Rezound can be legitimately unlocked through HTC's website...HTC will not be throwing root roadblocks in my way
    - The Rezound has one of the best cameras on any phone right now (including the front camera)
    - The Rezound comes with expensive earbuds for free, which can be sold even if you dont want them
    - 64 Gig SD cards have been confirmed to work on the Rezound...I dont know if that is true for the Bionic

I cant think of anything the bionic does better than the Rezound. I think the Rezound even beats it in benchmarks. The only reason to get a Bionic over a Rezound at all IMO is because it is cheaper.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links