The real answer though: wait a month till the Rezound falls below $100 and get that instead. The worst of the current Tier 1 phones is much better than any of the phones in your quote. I think it would be worth the wait. It is NOT worth settling with one of those phones just to save $50 IMO.
(Keep in mind that people are buying those Rezound earbuds on eBay...last I saw they were going for $66 bare minimum...if you dont want them yourself you could sell them to defray the cost of the phone)
K so at this point then its either Spectrum or Dinc2 and if I got the money Rezound will be my first choice with Spectrum second and if I can't round up any change Dinc2. Thanks Mr. Denver.
Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
While I do agree with Jeff that the prices on everything will probably drop after mwc, I disagree with him on one thing. He doesn't like the bionic at all, I on the other hand love it. Mine has been rock solid since I got it and it was my choice over both the resound and nexus. You really need to get into a Verizon and handle each phone and then decide whick way to go.
Sent from my A100 using DroidForums
It might be different for people with deep pockets who can upgrade every 6 months. Or for people on family plans where they get access to a new upgrade every 6 months because they have 4 or 6 phones on their account. For me, I will have this phone for the full length of my contract (I had my Droid 1 a full 20 months). So this is NOT something I want to compromise on. I wont get a chance to upgrade again for a long long time unless I want to pay retail.
It sounds like the OP is in the same boat. For that reason, I think it is a mistake not to get the BEST phone possible with your upgrade. I would advise the OP against getting a cheaper phone for the next 2 years just to save $50 immediately.
- Rezound has a true 720p screen with the best pixel density of any phone (and this is really the main reason I think it is better)
- The Rezound can be legitimately unlocked through HTC's website...HTC will not be throwing root roadblocks in my way
- The Rezound has one of the best cameras on any phone right now (including the front camera)
- The Rezound comes with expensive earbuds for free, which can be sold even if you dont want them
- 64 Gig SD cards have been confirmed to work on the Rezound...I dont know if that is true for the Bionic
I cant think of anything the bionic does better than the Rezound. I think the Rezound even beats it in benchmarks. The only reason to get a Bionic over a Rezound at all IMO is because it is cheaper.