hey i have a interesting fix for you guys.... its not pretty but it works if you are just playin with your og droid or dont care about appearence.
dont blame me for any problems
basically you are replacing the silver disk that would turn on and off the connection
- pull out battery (just incase)
- pry phone apart at power button area
- slip something under the power button and pop it out... it will prolly break a bit you arent going to use it so who cares
- then look at the area there is a square with a cirular silver things on there pry it off (the whole square)
- now you should be looking at the ribbon with nothing on it just some gold connector points
- take a piece of aluminum foil place it crumple it in a square shape (not to tight)
- place it in the power button void
- put a piece of black electrical tape over the area
- put battery in
- press power button it works for me
hopefully this helps some people. i did this on my old droid which my daughter who is 2 uses for angry birds and so on.
if any one is truly interested let me know and i will take some pictures