DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: flicking emails?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

flicking emails?

Is there a way to "flick" through emails like you can on the storm? If I'm not mistaken I could to the right or left to skim through them instead of going in and out of each one? Thanks!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I don't actually use the native email app (I do obviously use the gmail app), but rather use the k-9 app. You can flick through them with this app. I gotta say that the ONLY thing I miss about my BB Storm is the BB email. Android has a ways to go to get push email working well.... K-9 seems closer to me though. Good luck!
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Nope, not with the native app/client. It's just on of MANY things that need to address in their email app/client if they want Android to be taken serious as a BB or WM competitor (at least for business users). K-9 works for some point but not everyone. I don't particularly care for it but it might be worth a go if you really want the flicking aspect.
    Last edited by KZIWarrior; 01-30-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    KVIWarrior, I agree w/ u completely. The only reason I use k-9 is because the native app is SO bad and I have to use something. Tried Seven and its even worse.... actually the latest version is k-9 is pretty decent...
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeghij View Post
    KVIWarrior, I agree w/ u completely. The only reason I use k-9 is because the native app is SO bad and I have to use something. Tried Seven and its even worse.... actually the latest version is k-9 is pretty decent...
    I'll agree there ('SO bad') I'll have to check out the latest version of K-9 this afternoon. I really wouldn't mind a better interface. Just saw they have a new Locale plugin too, might be interesting if locale ever gets straight (I uninstalled it first day, was NOT, IMHO worth $10). Maybe I just expect to much
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe

Links