I didn't see this posted on the forums so I figured I'd share. I apologize in advance if it was listed on here and I missed it.
1. go into settings -> applications and check the "unknown sources" box.
2. visit this post from your phone's browser.
3. tap and download this file onto your phone: http://sites.google.com/site/motodro.../Launcher2.apk
4. tap on the downloaded application once it has finished.
5. install it and hit "done" when finished.
6. tap your "home" button (yes the house).
7. when prompted select "launcher" and check the box to make it your default.
after you've installed and set it as your default launcher, you'll notice that it wiped out all of the application shortcuts and widgets from your 3 screens. this is sort of an inconvenience, but setting those back up is not difficult. oh, and you'll now have 5 screens to play with instead of cramming such few things into 3.
Visit that link on the phones browser download it and install it.
Probably need to use astro file manager to do that.
Genie News and Weather:
Visit that link on the phones browser download and install it.
Once installed go to a homescreen that has space on it, click the menu button and add new widget and you should see news and weather.
I just did all of them and they all worked for me, at first it slowed the phone down a little but everything is running smoothly now.