I am having the same problem. I show 31.70MB of Available Space on my phone, cleared caches, and cleared all text messages. Phone is still sluggish. Any suggestions on what else I can try?
1. Not use live wallpapers.
2. Power your phone all the way off, then turn it back on. This will clear caches and processing threads. (My OG Droid loved a daily power down/power up.
3. Do not run an 'active' task manager. Use a task manager only to halt a runaway task.
4. Do not run a battery manager
5. Run only 1 weather app, many have 2 running, one incorporated with the clock/weather widget (like Beautiful Widget or Fancy Widgets) and a separate one, like weather bug. Also reduce the 'refresh' period to 2 or 3 hours.
6. Unless necessary do not have sync turned on for social media widgets (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
7. Unless necessary do not have sync turned on for news and sports widgets
I have no live wallpapers and I clean all my caches and everything diligently.
I have been working with a Verizon store manager one problem at a time.
Nobody at corporate wants to admit it, but the first droid has flaws, hense why #2 came so quickly.
But I understand that isn't that great either...
Until Android and Motorola and Google and Verizon and whoever else can decide on taking responsibility for their customer's issues, we just need to look elsewhere for a phone!
I have spoken to Tom Dick and Harry, even had a special "text" to send when the memory problem happened that sent them data info and I got nothing but grief when I asked to trade in my droid early.
It's the phone not anything you put on it...
Sorry I couldn't give a true solution.
I was having the same problem. I cleared out my text messages where pictures have been sent to me, I also cleared out my cache from Facebook and the problems seem to have disappeared. A couple of times, it will come back on when I'm in Facebook. Clearing out the cache seems to take care of the low space message.
I have the same problem. I've installed nearly nothing on my phone, but just in case I went through and deleted EVERY application that didn't come with the phone. I deleted EVERY text message. I removed EVERY picture I'd taken, and cleared the ENTIRE Cache. I shut down the phone and brought it back up again. I removed the battery and put it back in.
I've tried everything I can think of to avoid reformatting the phone, and I've googled the heck out of it.
There's nothing. Nobody knows. People have the problem, and arrogant know-it-alls assume it's because they're not smart enough to delete stuff.