DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid Freaking Out!!!!!!!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Droid Freaking Out!!!!!!!

Something weird is happening to my Moto Droid. It's freaking out. I think there is something wrong with the touch input or keyboard or the gold directional pad on the right side of the qwerty keyboard.

What happens is, the screen jumps around, moves from one screen to another, selects items on the phone, types random letters.... just does random actions on the phone and pretty much renders the phone useless. Imagine you were sitting at your computer and you took your hand and you repeatedly smashed down on the keyboard like a 2 year old. At the same time you took the mouse and wildly waved it around the screen clicking randomly, highlighting, clicking, opening programs and generally running a muck. That's pretty much what the Droid is doing.

I don't know if it is a virus or something is going haywire with one of the input devices... but its pretty messed up.

Some more info: it doesn't seem like there is any water damage, the screen and glass are intact and working fine and the normal droid software is working fine (when it is not doing this, I can run apps, type messages and use everything fine).

Has anyone had a problem like this? HELP!!!!

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    This kind of malfunction has, in the past, been tied to using a non-standard charger or a bad screen/digitizer. Was it exhibiting this behavior while plugged into either a computer or a charger? If not, you may have a bad digitizer. Also, I remember someone that said theirs had done this when the screen was very, very dirty (not sure about veracity of this as it was hear-say).
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    This can also happen if the screen is wet.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG G2
    This exact same thing happened to me and a friend of mine with the same phone about 2 months ago. The day before, I did have my phone plugged into a Blackberry charger, but my friend did not, So I'm not sure if thats the reason or not. After about two days though, it stopped freaking out. My friends stopped freaking out too about the same time. Problem is, now my back button doesnt work and the entire column of screen above the back button, (the whole left edge of the screen) will no longer respond to touch. (this makes it difficult to play "Words With Friends" because it won't let me put letters on the left edge of the board or grab the last remaining letter) My friends phone works perfectly now I think it's just a bad digitizer, but I have heard some conspiracy theorists say that they've called Verizon about the problem and as soon they bought another phone (and extend their contract) the phone started working perfectly. I doubt that's the case, but it sure would be terrible if it were true. Bottom line for me . . . nothing lasts forever, time for a new phone.
    "There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't."
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by C3-PO View Post
    I have heard some conspiracy theorists say that they've called Verizon about the problem and as soon they bought another phone (and extend their contract) the phone started working perfectly. I doubt that's the case, but it sure would be terrible if it were true.
    Those are people that don't understand causal versus coincidental.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    The entire middle column above the app drawer is dead for mine. I believe it's from overclocking the phone to 1.25ghz for all these months in combination with the extreme heat of summer. Hopefully something even cooler will be out in when i t's time for an upgrade!
    ^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

I wasted 30% of my life in school. The other 60% was fun, though.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    My 2 year old Droid is doing the exact same thing as several others have described above. It started yesterday with the back button and left side not working and then exactly as fingaz described above, started freaking out. It did that for several hours and then quit however the back button still does not work and it does some other flaky things. I did a factory reset several times, but it did not help. I'm due for an upgrade with Verizon but was really hoping to hold out til Ice Cream Sandwich came out in several months. Not sure what I'm going to do now.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Mine is going on two years old this week and has been doing this sporadically for some time. It happen's any time it get's moist. From just high humidity to sweating on it or getting caught in a light rain. The answer is to power on, power off and let your Automatic Task Killer reset. In the times of extreme stubbornness it helps to remove the battery and reset. In the worse cases you may have to do both several times. It's the one thing I have always hated about this phone. Holding it up front of an a/c vent in the car for a few minutes while driving has helped. My buddy's did it so much he went to the Iphone. My wife's LG Alley does it also which leads me to believe its an "Android" thing??
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Stock)
    I'm as noob as they come, but my Droid 1 one started doing something similar to this off and on. It would come out of nowhere. I removed my screen protector that had been on the phone for a very long time and it solved the problem. Worth a shot if you have an old screen protector.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by fingaz View Post
    Something weird is happening to my Moto Droid. It's freaking out.
    What happens is, the screen jumps around, moves from one screen to another, selects items on the phone, types random letters.... just does random actions on the phone and pretty much renders the phone useless. Imagine you were sitting at your computer and you took your hand and you repeatedly smashed down on the keyboard like a 2 year old. At the same time you took the mouse and wildly waved it around the screen clicking randomly, highlighting, clicking, opening programs and generally running a muck. That's pretty much what the Droid is doing.

Has anyone had a problem like this? HELP!!!!
    Hmmm... moisture ..heat... possibly, or just a good old fashioned possession.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links