DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google phone Number?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Google phone Number?

when I was having a problem with my Google talk I was told by both verizon and Motorola to go to Google help site so I thought okay you could send an e-mail or they would have an phone number listed. Come to find out google has no support number for its OS or phones. If google was going to get into the mobile phone business shouldn't they have a support number atleast? There is a number for their headquarters but there HQ wouldn't give tech support would it?Just my curiosity not really complaining.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    The issue of customer service w/ Google is ALL OVER the internet. It's the main gripe with the Nexus One launch.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The DROID
    A company with no customer service phone... JUST DOESN'T CARE. How can you offer a phone service to people ... and have no customer phone support. But i guess they know with their doing, their stock is over $550 a share!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoneGuy View Post
    A company with no customer service phone... JUST DOESN'T CARE. How can you offer a phone service to people ... and have no customer phone support. But i guess they know with their doing, their stock is over $550 a share!
    I have a feeling the $550 shares mainly come from the search engine and youtube which doesnt require support really. But a mobile phone always will need support
    Last edited by Droid101; 01-17-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Mistake
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    It's not that they don't care, Google has said it is working feverishly to put in place better customer service.... They appear to have simply overlooked the amount of customer service consumers expect.
    I big oversight... but I wouldn't say they don't care.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    You're using an app the Google gives you for free, no strings attached, and expect customer service for it????

It doesn't work that way, sorry. The majority, if not all, of Google's apps are given to use free of charge. It's up to you if you want to use them or not. There is no need for Google to then support said app.

It would be like a car dealer giving you a free car and you coming back to them and demanding maintenance. Just because they gave you the car for free, they don't owe you maintenance as well.

Now, the N1 is a different story. Google handled that one all wrong. If you're going to sell a 500.00 device you best damn well be ready to support it. They weren't and they're paying for it now.
    Last edited by M Diddy; 01-18-2010 at 03:20 PM.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    It's not that they don't care, Google has said it is working feverishly to put in place better customer service.... They appear to have simply overlooked the amount of customer service consumers expect.
    I big oversight... but I wouldn't say they don't care.
    The N1 is what this was about.... I don't expect much in the way of customer service on free things
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    This website is about the Droid not the nexus one.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LTE GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by M Diddy View Post
    You're using an app the Google gives you for free, no strings attached, and expect customer service for it????

It doesn't work that way, sorry. The majority, if not all, of Google's apps are given to use free of charge. It's up to you if you want to use them or not. There is no need for Google to then support said app.

It would be like a car dealer giving you a free car and you coming back to them and demanding maintenance. Just because they gave you the car for free, they don't owe you maintenance as well.

Now, the N1 is a different story. Google handled that one all wrong. If you're going to sell a 500.00 device you best damn well be ready to support it. They weren't and they're paying for it now.
    I really dont like what you just said. Im sorry. But that is NOTHING similar to going to a car dealership and asking for maintenance. If you wanted to really connect the car dealer ship line... you should have said if i break my phone i cant go to google. maintenance and customer support are TWO different things!! Maintenence would be fixing. as if it was broken or needed a tune up. not if you had a question on how it works.

and yes! i do expect customer service! i dont care if paid anything for it or not! if i get this so called free car... and lets say i wanted to know something lets say. about the mpg of the car. or anything about it for this matter. i expect them to tell me. i dont expect them to take the car and fix it? im not going to send my phone TO google for them to fix it? no one is asking for maintenence they are asking for simple Q and A.

Get your facts straight.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jwd45244 View Post
    This website is about the Droid not the nexus one.
    I disagree. The DROID Eris is less related to the Moto DROID than the Moto DROID is related to the Nexus One.

At least the Moto DROID and the N1 are closer in OS specs.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links