DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving attachments from GMail?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Yeah, not working here either. I can only preview from my gmail app and if I browse directly to gmail I can open/download it but not save.

I would also be ok with saving it to Google Documents and then using GDocs to open it!!!!!!!!!

HELP PLEASE
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I agree. There is no way to just save an attachment to the Droid unless it's a .jpg or other such known extension. Anyone?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    This is very annoying. I emailed myself a ringtone, simply assuming that I would be able to save the attachment as a ringtone, just like I was able to save a JPG attachment as a wallpaper.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    If you have looked at the folders on your SD card you can see that specific programs seem to create and manage specific folders. Perhaps that is the reason you are best off only downloading those files that can be opened with a specific app. Otehrwise the SD card could become a tangled mess. On the other hand, I would prefer to be trusted to manage my own SD card but you can easily manage it only when you can see the folders - when the Droid is connected to your computer.

For moving over mp3's try DoubleTwist on your Mac or PC and hook up your Droid via the USB cable. It is a slight bit confusing at first but read some of the forums. It seems to be a very powerful program for managing audio, video and pictures on your Droid.
    www.doubletwist.com
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    You can try offiviewer...if you just need to read and save....not bad app
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    The Steve Austin Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by barryp3403 View Post
    If you have looked at the folders on your SD card you can see that specific programs seem to create and manage specific folders. Perhaps that is the reason you are best off only downloading those files that can be opened with a specific app. Otehrwise the SD card could become a tangled mess. On the other hand, I would prefer to be trusted to manage my own SD card but you can easily manage it only when you can see the folders - when the Droid is connected to your computer.

For moving over mp3's try DoubleTwist on your Mac or PC and hook up your Droid via the USB cable. It is a slight bit confusing at first but read some of the forums. It seems to be a very powerful program for managing audio, video and pictures on your Droid.
    www.doubletwist.com
    but the point is not having to hook the phone up to the computer.

anyone figure this out yet? I tried with 2 mp3 ringtones but could only get a "preview"
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    when i first got this phone i had two options (preview and download) now only preview is there... this is so annoying, why did they remove the dl option? I believe some app developer has rights to it.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I just previewed a power point attachment read a few more emails and returned to that pp to view again and it did not need to re-download it and came up almose immediately so that pp is stored in the phone but I can't save it??? BS!!!
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    You can save Gmail. You need to archive it. That will save it in a folder called all mail. You can access this when your mail is up and you press the menu button.

One of the things I did was set up a bookmark for gmail so I can easily access any other mail I need to get to. Gmail is absolutely great.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Has anyone figured out a solution to this yet, or is it simply not possible.

I've archived the email and know that it's saved, but still can't save a jpg (from an email) to the Gallery so that it's accessible with all my other pictures.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links