DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to make Droid ask to confirm before sending email

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

How to make Droid ask to confirm before sending email

All I have to do is breath and before I can finish replying to someone, poof it is emailed. How can I force it to ask for a confirmation before sending? It is getting totally embarassing sending blank or incomplete business replies on it.

Thanks,
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peripatos View Post
    All I have to do is breath and before I can finish replying to someone, poof it is emailed. How can I force it to ask for a confirmation before sending? It is getting totally embarassing sending blank or incomplete business replies on it.

Thanks,
    I'll admit I don't send a lot of emails from my phone but when I have done so I've never had this issue. I can only assume that you're accidentally hitting the send button.

I checked the settings and I couldn't find a solution to your problem. Perhaps in one of the email apps there may be such a setting. K9 seems to be the most popular.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    confirming "send" is not normal practice on any email system i've ever used. if you're worried about the content, use a PC or proof-read what you send before you send it.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have never seen a confirmation after hitting send on any email system either phone or computer based as 640k said. It is always hit send and off the message goes.

I have had this happen sending a text message with the keyboard. I tried to delete a charactor but hit the return key (right below the delete key) instead.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    msblueline
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    The only thing that I could think of that would help you out is to put the "to" address in last.

That way it won't send, because there is no address.

When you are done proof reading, add the address in the "to" box and hit send.

msblueline
    msblueline (ms does not stand for Ms., Miss, or Mrs.. It stands for Mississippi.)
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

premature email send

I have the same problem - for some reason, some keystroke combination on the fold-out keyboard of my droid triggers the 'send' command before I have finished typing it. So I get emails that just end before the thought is completed.

I've searched far and wide to find out if there is a 'send' keyboard shortcut, but I have not found it listed anywhere, but apparently there is one because I apparently type it in 1 out of 4 or so emails.

I'll try leaving out the email address, but you know, when you hit 'reply' that is not a very good option.

I try and type pretty fast on the fold out keyboard, but this problem is pretty serious and so it really slows me down.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce2g View Post
    I have the same problem - for some reason, some keystroke combination on the fold-out keyboard of my droid triggers the 'send' command before I have finished typing it. So I get emails that just end before the thought is completed.

I've searched far and wide to find out if there is a 'send' keyboard shortcut, but I have not found it listed anywhere, but apparently there is one because I apparently type it in 1 out of 4 or so emails.

I'll try leaving out the email address, but you know, when you hit 'reply' that is not a very good option.

I try and type pretty fast on the fold out keyboard, but this problem is pretty serious and so it really slows me down.
    Thanks, you do have the same issue as me. I never get near the screen and send key, so I agree there is either a shortcut or a bug causing the send when hitting some key combination. Like you, I am always replying to business emails so there is already a valid address so I end up sending blanks responses or incomplete sentences and look like an idiot. Maybe there was a hardware issue in some units????
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    If you're using Gmail there is a setting to allow for "undo send" that can be adjusted for time. I'm not positive it works for emails sent via the phone but I would assume it does (seeing as it's an extension of the gmail client and is using the servers smtp). might be worth trying, it won't eliminate the problem but at least then you can go online and recall the message so you don't look like a fool.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Well, I don't seem to be able to get the 'labs' tab to come up in my email settings screen - I enabled 'try new features' but maybe it'll take a couple of days to show up. Then I'll practice hitting the 'undo email' command withing the allotted timeframe.

In the meantime, I clicked on 'disable keyboard shortcuts' in the settings, and maybe this will help - though I'm not sure if it applies to the Droid. I've started to type most of emails on my pc till I know for sure if this is fixed somehow.

Bruce
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I just turned off the Android keyboard which I think turns off the screen. Downside is I'll have to use the slider keyboard but at least I'll be able to see if it was the screen that doing the sending. If it still happens then it must be undocumented hard keyboard shortcut.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links