DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMS Not sending

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

MMS Not sending

I am unable to send MMS (specifically picture messages) on my Moto Droid. I have had the phone for around 30 days now, and as far as I know I have never been able to since I got it (cant remember though).
    I was able to send them on my previous LG enV2 - and I have an unlimited txting plan.

I believe I have only tried Verizon to Verizon (and with people who I have sent MSS to before), but I dont think it would make a difference with AT&T or the rest..

I have tried both Handcent and the stock Messaging app, both with zero success. The message just keeps "sending" (the little spiral just keeps on turning).

Any ideas? I imagine I have a setting messed up and a wrong check box clicked, but I am at a loss as to where to start..
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    i am NOW having that same problem.. i didnt have that problem last week. but now all the sudden people are NOT getting my picture messages!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i've had no problems with MMS. does the app compress any picture you attach? have you tried smaller pics? are you sending to a mobile phone?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yup...asks me if I want to resize the photo (to which I say yes), and it is going to a mobile phone.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, (Retired Droid)
    yeah i get that same problem every now and then. idk seems to happen more when you use the handcent app. for MMS i use just the default app for MMS
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    its still not working for me now.. even after handscent
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    MMS is not working for me if i use handscent or default
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by danneskjold View Post
    I am unable to send MMS (specifically picture messages) on my Moto Droid. I have had the phone for around 30 days now, and as far as I know I have never been able to since I got it (cant remember though).
    I was able to send them on my previous LG enV2 - and I have an unlimited txting plan.

I believe I have only tried Verizon to Verizon (and with people who I have sent MSS to before), but I dont think it would make a difference with AT&T or the rest..

I have tried both Handcent and the stock Messaging app, both with zero success. The message just keeps "sending" (the little spiral just keeps on turning).

Any ideas? I imagine I have a setting messed up and a wrong check box clicked, but I am at a loss as to where to start..
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkainzeye View Post
    i am NOW having that same problem.. i didnt have that problem last week. but now all the sudden people are NOT getting my picture messages!
    I was having the same problem but the pics were in fact going through. Just said sending without ever indicating it was finished. However it is temporary, at least for me.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    what i did yesterday and today was. send a MMS and then send a regular text and ask if the picture came through.. and so far yesterday and today NO picture messages are getting to any and all of my contacts. these are the same contacts that they did work for last week?

Quote Originally Posted by bike_guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danneskjold View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arkainzeye View Post
    I was having the same problem but the pics were in fact going through. Just said sending without ever indicating it was finished. However it is temporary, at least for me.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_guy View Post
    They arent going through, I have asked - and tried when the person is right next to me :\
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links