DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Original Moto Droid Woes

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Exclamation Original Moto Droid Woes

Been a mostly satisfied owner of the original Motorola Droid since December 2009. As time has gone by, the phone has bogged down as expected, yet just recently it has become a huge nuisance like it knows I'm near upgrade or something. My question is, should I try to salvage it and trick it out any? should I get a new phone at a discounted but not full discounted price (available Aug 2011)? or should I wait for the newest phone craze to take off and jump on that? I know if I jump the gun on this, I'll be kicking myself when something new and amazing releases the day after I get my "new" phone. Some of the issues I currently experience: disappearing home screen icons, screen going berserk on it's own as if I'm touching it, incoming calls not displaying contact names and just numbers, laggy screens on all fronts, plenty of force closes.

PS. New to the forums, take it easy on me!!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    If you haven't already, try rooting and overclocking. It makes a HUGE difference.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I wouldn't know where to start, and I've heard horror stories of things going wrong while trying. Is is worth the risk?
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    If you do it right, there is little risk... Root is awesome. I would flash a custom ROM also.

sent from my ZombieStomped X
    -Brad
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MIUI DROID OG
    Try factory reset before rooting and oc'ing. Just my 2 cents. Rooting is a breeze and it is very hard to completely brick your phone. Only heard of it twice... there are always people here to help if needed.
    Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI
  6. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    +1 on the factory reset, it will refresh the phone back to original state, google would restore your contacts and emails.

I would also avoid restoring all your apps. Restore them manually just the ones you are actually using, to much clutter on the phone slows it down.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    original droid
    My lady-friends phone is doing this same sort of stuff, especially with gchat and text messaging...

I have a droid x so I'm familiar with rooting, rom'ing and oc'ing... That being said, is it the same steps to root, flash rom, etc...?

What's the best rom for a Droid? How do you do a factory reset (same as droid x in clockwork?)? Is this droid on the newest OS or should I download a newer one, is there a gingerbread release for OG Droid?

Any links to the necessary steps and software downloads are appreciated. Thanks
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    original droid
    Would it be best to root/reboot and install Stock Rooted Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) ROM Update GPA15 from Peter Alfonso?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MIUI DROID OG
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalsmile View Post
    My lady-friends phone is doing this same sort of stuff, especially with gchat and text messaging...

I have a droid x so I'm familiar with rooting, rom'ing and oc'ing... That being said, is it the same steps to root, flash rom, etc...?

What's the best rom for a Droid? How do you do a factory reset (same as droid x in clockwork?)? Is this droid on the newest OS or should I download a newer one, is there a gingerbread release for OG Droid?

You can factory reset a nonrooted Droid in the settings. There are gb roms for the droid, most of them are memory intense so some people are having problems multitasking. For your lady friend I would suggest a solid froyo rom so she doesnt have to work around the few gb bugs.
    Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by DROOIID View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalsmile View Post

You can factory reset a nonrooted Droid in the settings. There are gb roms for the droid, most of them are memory intense so some people are having problems multitasking. For your lady friend I would suggest a solid froyo rom so she doesnt have to work around the few gb bugs.
    Chevyno1's simply stunning 5.4 gingerbread 2.3.4 = the best rom gingerbread OR froyo I have EVER run, Droid does but chevyno1 does better

It'll make just about anyone think twice about upgrading early or at all lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links