DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: battery life

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt-Rooted O/C 1.92ghz

battery life

I'm having problems with battery life hardly can make it threw the day (and I'm holding back I would use it a lot more if I could)the number one question is my display is using the most battery... is there anyway or any app to turn the brightness down even more to conserve battery life?

Also when I got the phone I had to use it right when I got it so I had no chance to charge it ... I have heard this is really really bad is this really that bad?

By the way I have gps, wifi, bluetooth, email sync, everything I could think of off... I do not use an app killer because I hear its bad... so I stay away. I text a lot, and use some web browsing with dolphin browser I do not think I have that many apps but I do have weather channel and stuff which I guess is a battery sucker but I can't not have it
    Last edited by Jam2it30@gmail.com; 01-10-2010 at 07:10 PM.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I was having the same issues but I downloaded "Quick Settings" where I make sure GPS and Wifi is off when Im not using them and App Killer and I noticed a pretty significant different in battery life afterwards.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I have heard app killers are bad and slow down your phone and android just does all the work for you about app killers
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    I had my phone on charger to 100% until 1:30 today. A bit of texting, some web surfing, a couple of games then out snowmobiling for 3 hours. While outside took 21 pictures and sent three via MMS. GPS on, wifi off all day. Now at 10:30 showing 90% charge. This is a better result than most days and believe it is a result of what apps are open which would seem to indicate an app's code is important to the device power efficiency. Anyone else have similar experiences or thoughts?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    That is truely amazing battery life... I can barely make it threw the day...

My android system seems a little bit high at 15% of battery is that high? If it is high how can I reduce it?
    Last edited by Jam2it30@gmail.com; 01-10-2010 at 09:10 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    yeah you shouldn't need a task killer for anything but the odd bad coded app that won't close properly and release it's resources, if I understood correctly.

Not that I advise you to hack your phone, but I think on alldroid.org (am I allowed to say another forum? I know some forums frown on it?) there is a hack or app or something that lets you reduce your phones brightness below even the minimum brightness the phone has by default and they are working on getting it even lower.

Also depending on where you are and your signal strength and coverage you could turn certain things on and off i suppose. If your in a building with low reception just put your phone in airplane mode or off cause your battery will drain super fast while your phone keeps trying to get a signal...etc

also not sure what difference it makes but i just go into settings display and sound and at the bottom i have automatic brightness on. I know some folks don't like it but it works for me.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I leave my brightness on 'auto'. No task killer (not needed) and no anti-virus. The display should be the top battery user on your device.... just make sure GPS and wifi are toggled off if you're not using them. Also adjusting the screen time out can help save battery.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I wonder how many people discussing the battery came from another smart phone? It's my experience that battery life on the Droid is comparable to either Storm 1 or Storm 2. On a regular days use I end up with 40% by end of day. I don't make a lot of calls and use it for surfing the web, texting. I'm usually in my house so wifi is always on. Never have changed brightness settings.

Now if you use the phone a lot and you surf the web frequently then you can probably expect 5% battery life by end of day, but that's quite normal for these type of phones. They use a lot of battery.

If you're experiencing problems beyond one day use then you probably want to invest in a second charger. It more then likely has to do with how you use your phone.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Yeah "Quick Settings" is nice as cephas003 mentioned. It is a quick way to turn off wireless and GPS if you are not using them, which saves battery life.

I have had my phone unplugged for 10 hours and am at 70% battery life. I have not used it much during that time, and as previous people have said, the more you use it, the more quickly battery life drains.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by LrdElderon View Post
    yeah you shouldn't need a task killer for anything but the odd bad coded app that won't close properly and release it's resources, if I understood correctly.

Not that I advise you to hack your phone, but I think on alldroid.org (am I allowed to say another forum? I know some forums frown on it?) there is a hack or app or something that lets you reduce your phones brightness below even the minimum brightness the phone has by default and they are working on getting it even lower.

Also depending on where you are and your signal strength and coverage you could turn certain things on and off i suppose. If your in a building with low reception just put your phone in airplane mode or off cause your battery will drain super fast while your phone keeps trying to get a signal...etc

also not sure what difference it makes but i just go into settings display and sound and at the bottom i have automatic brightness on. I know some folks don't like it but it works for me.
    I have rooted my phone... do you know exactly where this hack is for the phone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links