DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Bluetooth Stereo playback

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question Bluetooth Stereo playback

Have an interesting issue playing back stereo music from my OG Droid to a Bluetooth stereo headset. Doesn't matter what ROM I'm running, this happened with original, stock Froyo, rooted Froyo, Bugless Beast and CyanogenMod, so it's definitely the phone and not the software.

Background... the headset is a Nolan NCOM unit installed inside my Nolan N103 motorcycle helmet. The music comes in heavily weighted to the left earpiece. At first, I was assuming it was the headset but I recently installed a Garmin Zumo 660 GPS unit with Bluetooth stereo capability. The same MP3s I play on my phone, when loaded onto the Garmin unit, playback PERFECTLY in the headset, so I eliminated the headset as being the cause of the problem.

Is there any way of adjusting the balance for the playback on the Droid? I'm using the stock music player but I'll consider an aftermarket player if one exists that allows you to adjust the balance.

Thanks in advance!

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by buellboy9 View Post
    Have an interesting issue playing back stereo music from my OG Droid to a Bluetooth stereo headset. Doesn't matter what ROM I'm running, this happened with original, stock Froyo, rooted Froyo, Bugless Beast and CyanogenMod, so it's definitely the phone and not the software.

Background... the headset is a Nolan NCOM unit installed inside my Nolan N103 motorcycle helmet. The music comes in heavily weighted to the left earpiece. At first, I was assuming it was the headset but I recently installed a Garmin Zumo 660 GPS unit with Bluetooth stereo capability. The same MP3s I play on my phone, when loaded onto the Garmin unit, playback PERFECTLY in the headset, so I eliminated the headset as being the cause of the problem.

Is there any way of adjusting the balance for the playback on the Droid? I'm using the stock music player but I'll consider an aftermarket player if one exists that allows you to adjust the balance.

Thanks in advance!
    I ran into this same issue. Frustratingly, there doesn't seem to be any right/left balance control built-in to the default UI...which is retarded for a device that supports stereo. I found that the non-free PowerAMP music player includes a left/right balance control. For me, I had to shift the balance ALL the way to the right in order for the left and right channels to sound equal, and even then it's notably quieter than full sound on the left channel... I'm not sure what's going on with that, but it's better than having a full blast of sound in only my left ear.

Has anyone else found a left/right sound balance for the Droid X?
  4. vey
    Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Poweramp is the only app I know of that has a preamp.

Links