hate fingerprints all over your new Droid's face? don't want to spent the money or time for having a quality anti-fingerprint film shipped to you? go to local hardware store and pick up some Jig-a-Loo (orange can, with the rest of the spray lubes)
I was lubing up my door hinge and accidentally sprayed my phone (my desk is directly next to the door, before you ask), and after I wiped it up the spots with jig-a-loo on it did not take fingerprints nearly as well as the un-sprayed parts. so I tried taking it all the way.
firstly, Jig-a-Loo is "dry silicone-based lubricant that, unlike any other lubricant, contains no oil, grease, wax, petroleum distillates or detergent", so there's no chance of circuit damage, or post application ickyness.
here's what you do:
- make sure your screen is clean, get your favorite microfiber cloth, and rub thoroughly (nyuk-nyuk)
- shut the phone off
- spray away, pointing the straw at an angle
- allow to dry for a minute, then wipe with that microfiber cloth again until you only see clear screen (and around the screen where drippage may have gone)
- allow to dry for and additional 5 or 10 minutes, in case any drops went inside the casing. the spray will not damage anything, but the touchscreen may go unresponsive until it's fully dried. if you'd like to avoid that completely, just get some painter's tape and mask the screen off
- start it back up and try it out. it's not a perfect anti-fingerprint coating, and won't protect against scratches (though the Gorilla Glass seems to be just fine on that, itself), but it's far FAR better that the raw screen, and I've also noticed my fingers glide easier (especially using Swype)
any brave souls out there? let me know how it works for you